Need some help

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by Cdow1988, Jul 14, 2021.

1. Cdow1988

Cdow1988 Bobtail Member

Jul 14, 2021
    I've been thinking about getting into hot shotting. I use to be a truck driver will 10 years ago. I've been doing a different line of work since then. So I have no relevant recent experience. I've been reading a lot of posts on this forum talking about a lot of the things to expect and that you need to do to be legal. I'm going to go through and make a business plan with all the steps soon. But the part I'm having trouble specifically figuring out is getting loads. Are there brokers that will take on new people with no recent experience? I live in Southern California.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. baerpath

baerpath Light Load Member

Nov 2, 2019
    Try another way, find the loads first. That's worked really well for us. We set our price per mile and proved we could do what we said we could.

4. Lite bug

Lite bug Road Train Member

May 3, 2014
    Columbus Ohio
    There is a guy that runs a Dispatch Service in Fontana ( I believe that is the name ) He has been doing this for a number of years. I do not know him personally but he gives sound advice. You could learn while benefiting from his many contacts he has made . Good luck in your search continue to read this section of the forum as well as the brokers section.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.