Needing some help here

Discussion in 'ELD Forum | Questions, Answers and Reviews' started by MessengerB, May 22, 2018.

1. MessengerB

MessengerB Bobtail Member

May 22, 2018
    Hey all, I'm running a 2006 Pete 379 with Cat C15 acert engine. Over the last several months I've been plagued with problems regarding the engine and check engine codes. Most notable has been code 72, injector one low voltage. Both internal wiring harnesses have been changed, number 1 injector has been changed, and most recently a new ECM yesterday. The codes have been coming about 2-3 weeks apart. Truck has nearly 1.4 million miles however the engine has approx 215k since having a Platinum rebuild done in August of 2016 at Cleveland Brothers CAT in Harborcreek PA. Has anyone else had similar issues? I cant help but think it's the tablet for my ELD or one of the apps associated with it. Other drivers in the same company have had similar issues. Is it just coincidence or could there be more to it? Any response is appreciated

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MessengerB

May 22, 2018
    I should also add that not only the internal harnesses have been changed but also the main harness off the ECM is also new

4. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Doubt it, sounds like you have voltage spikes happening somewhere in the system.

Bet it is related to the rebuild.

Why was the ECM replaced?

did it take a crap?

Bank_Lbr Thanks this.
  5. MessengerB

May 22, 2018
    ECM was replaced as the next in line of possible causes to the recurring engine code. Trouble started about 2 months ago, maybe a bit more. A solid year and a half and 200k miles since the rebuild took place

Bank_Lbr Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.