Nev. couple blame Internet for neglect

Discussion in 'Other News' started by Cybergal, Jul 16, 2007.

1. Cybergal

Cybergal Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Nev. couple blame Internet for neglect
    7/16/07
    yahoo news article-continues

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jamwadmag

jamwadmag Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2006
    Desert Southwest
    ...some days I spend 'my life' on this Forum and neglect my REAL life!! ha ha:biggrin_2559::biggrin_25523:

4. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    I concure.... But the above story is a sad fact of life now days.

I have a 21 yo, that is paying the price of the same mistake/addiction (less children of course).

He now gets to pay for ALL his own college expenses...since "playing video games" is not considered a "major" at his current selection of schools, by his father.

He called last week, needing a new power supply for his PC.....He may actually pass a course this year....cuz he didn't get one ;)

5. WiseOne

WiseOne Inactive contact bullhaulerswife

Feb 8, 2004
    Truckers Report, TN
    LOL, a good power supply is only $99, but I DO see your point. I have a little brother (18 years old) that does the same thing. He HAS graduated, has no job, and plays video games ALL night til 4am and gets up at 2pm and slaps a couple applications in in the afternoon (sort of like here ya go, you'll be glad to see I am full of ambition). LOL. He is going to go to a technical school here, but it doesn't start until Sep...so I guess he figures he will just play internet games all day. It is a REALLY bad problem these days.

6. firstcav

firstcav Medium Load Member

Sep 5, 2006
    ""
    There's a lot of negative that goes a long with the positive with the internet. It's made the world a smaller place, but there's a cost. I kind of miss the simpler days of the 80's, before cell phones, and the internet.

7. truckermario

truckermario Road Train Member

Sep 24, 2006
    I like computer games, but I don't touch those massive multiplayer games. They're something else. I read a story about a guy in Asia who played such a long marathon he had a heart attack and died. People shouldn't blame the video games. It's just lack of common sense that drives people to do things. People do horrible stuff for the stupidest reasons. Sports. Video games. Candy. Looks. It's just video games are easy to blame because of recent events. It's just more ammunition for that idiot Jack Thompson.

8. Baack

Baack Road Train Member

May 24, 2007
    Wisconsin
    I heard a report the lib's want to make internet addiction a goverment allowed addiction. One step closer to a disability.

9. jamwadmag

Feb 28, 2006
    Desert Southwest
    ..will that be so I can get in on when the Dems come into power?!:biggrin_25525:

10. Baack

Baack Road Train Member

May 24, 2007
    Wisconsin
    They will sneak it in anyway.
    Ok the secret is out, dems need reasons to raise the tax.
    We the people are so stupid we need them.
    Wait a minute didnt al gore invent the internet?

11. jamwadmag

Feb 28, 2006
    Desert Southwest
    Yeah, and that's why we now have 'global warming!" All that technology and manufacturing of computers is killing us....Ahhhhhhhhhhhh........:biggrin_25521:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.