new at pemberton truck lines

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by jdr1989, Jun 7, 2017.

1. jdr1989

jdr1989 Light Load Member

Apr 13, 2013
    well just started pemberton truck lines in knoxville tn. just throwing out info here since im bored right now. they bring you in and put you up at the best western plus in strawberry plains. which is a nice hotel. monday morning you go nextdoor to the pilot parking lot which has a dot clinic to do your drug test and physical if you dont already have one. after that you go right back to hotel.tuesday mornin you come to yard on cherry st. and do orientation.dont worry there are no videos lol.just simple paperwork ad they go over pay and maintainace. pay for 5 years is a whopping 35cpm. and detention isnt until the 4th hour. but from what im told all you do is pickup a loaded trailer at academy sports dc in cookeville tn and take it to a store and come right back to cookeville for another academy load. we'll see how that works out.and your thinking 35cpm for 5 years exp. is crap but in fairness they pay you for alot of stuff that most companies will not. first the academy loads is a minimum pay of 100 dollars so if you pick up and the store is only 5 miles away you get paid 100 dollars.second they pay you just to have your truck pms and oil changes done thats 50 bucks per oil change and pm. and they do pms and full dot inspections every 3 months so every 3 months your looking at an extra 100 dollars. and they pay 50 bucks for clean inspections. theres no touch freight and im guessing 50percent drop and hook. my only problem so far is they put me in one of these half size trucks which is two front seats and a bed right behind them.im asking for a bigger truck in the morning so ill see how that goes. most there trucks are internationals the oldest and smaller ones which i got is a 14 but there buying the new 18 international LTs. they have some freightliners and there all autos. some trucks have epu but all the newer ones are just straight up idle.thats all i got right now ill update more when i see how they run and stuff.

rythmship Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Cookeville is up on the Cumberland Plateau. From Knoxville, if the new 40 construction 17 years ago have not taken out certain S and sharp curves out between Cville and Kville you need to be extra cautious come winter. A little bit of ice, sleet then snow on top. You tool along westbound hit that curve climbing to Cville in the shade, it's gonna get away from you. It does not take much at all.

Winter is not too far off. You will have plenty of time to get acquainted with that part of TN. It's a rather nice area in my opinion. Ive always liked it up there. Course Kville got big, when I first started back in the 80's all it was about 15 minutes and you are finished with Kville. until the truckstops over yonder to the west. Nothing in between. Now it's all filled in with retail and such.

4. racemaxx24

racemaxx24 Heavy Load Member

Jul 4, 2014
    East TN
    Are you local to Knoxville? Some much better paying gigs around the area especially for someone with 5yrs experience

V c2c Thanks this.
  5. jdr1989

Apr 13, 2013
    im about 1.5 hours awsy

6. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Oh. Pidgeon Forge? Oak Ridge?

We want input! LOL. Nothing too specific. But 1.5 hours from there covers alot of ground.

7. jdr1989

Apr 13, 2013
    rogersville

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  8. racemaxx24

racemaxx24 Heavy Load Member

Jul 4, 2014
    East TN
    MDS in Morristown
    Skyline in Knoxville
    Southern Freight Services in Morristown
    Big G has a terminal at exit 15 on I-81
    Carter Express has a terminal in Andersonville

Obviously you've come this far with Pemberton I'm sure you're not looking to quit already. But there's plenty of options around the area if it doesn't work out. I feel confident all those listed will pay better and have equal or better equipment..

9. jdr1989

Apr 13, 2013
    skyline is worse pay 34cpm but they denied me anyways. big g said no also.

10. jdr1989

Apr 13, 2013
    but like u said im already here. i can still make 1000 a week on 35cpm if they give me the miles. which ive worked for a company that paid 43cpm nd only got 1500 miles a week. so i guess it depends on miles.

11. uplander

uplander Light Load Member

Jan 9, 2014
    theres 3 divisions of pemberton. academy sports dc of cookville tn, petsmart dc of newnan ga, and academy sports of jeffersonville ga. im doing jeffersonville ga dc.

theres 18 stores i deliver to. other than a scrap cardboard load from bilo in greenville sc to dublin ga, its all i do.
    3 stores in jacksonville fl
    dothan al
    madison al
    2 stores in columbia sc
    aiken sc
    easley sc
    anderson sc
    florence sc
    concord nc
    kannapolis nc
    hickory nc
    fayettville nc
    jacksonville nc
    greenville nc
    greensboro nc
    i get about 9-10.5 hours of driving a day, usually,
    its either drop loaded trailer get returns back to dc, or open doors back up to dock live ul for 10 hour break mt back to dc.

ive made 21k before taxes so far. its nice going to sleep and waking up at the same time everyday. (3 pm to 4-6 am is the on duty) doing the same stupidly simple routes, the freight is light, but it doesnt matter cause the scales you come across are always closed when you get to them. its easy money i just wish there was more of it. the academy stores are stupidly simple to back up to the docks, the dc is big and spacious easy drop and hook, no having to worry about finding a parking spot. if you need time off just ask for it, usually you get it. when you run out of hours or close to it, head to the house, let us know when you wanna come back out.

nel4you, markdriver22 and x1Heavy Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.