New authority...and were rolling

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by godgunscountry, Oct 25, 2013.

1. landstar8891

landstar8891 Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2012
    NY NY
    I like that idea..''Build Contracts''....That must be refreshing to cut the Broker out of the picture...?

GITRDUN45 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. landstar8891

landstar8891 Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2012
    NY NY
    I have learned ALOT from G/MAN.I have even been ''over-ruled'' by G/MAN.

That is why it is important to keep an OPEN MIND.I tend to ''think'' i know it all.Not the case since reading some of these posts from guys like G/MAN and the likes.We ''never'' know it all..IMO he is one of the ''top guys'' filled with a wealth of Info on TTR,along with Big Bad Bill...When i see him someday i have to buy him a dinner or a nice slice of NY Pizza..:yes2557:

Ranger Bob and GITRDUN45 Thank this.
  4. G/MAN

G/MAN Road Train Member

Sep 3, 2010

I am glad that I could provide some useful advice.

GITRDUN45 Thanks this.
  5. G/MAN

G/MAN Road Train Member

Sep 3, 2010

There is always something new to learn, Landstar8891. I am always learning something along the way. Perhaps we will bump into one another one of these days. If you ever get in my neighborhood, let me know.

GITRDUN45 Thanks this.
  6. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    gman was doing his thing long before i even got on the forum.

if your looking for a father figure in the game of business. he's your man.

i think he's the only one still around on this forum.

GITRDUN45 and BeN DaViS Thank this.
  7. BeN DaViS

BeN DaViS Light Load Member

Aug 2, 2013
    North Hollywood CA
    I agree with you driver.

GITRDUN45 Thanks this.
  8. godgunscountry

godgunscountry Bobtail Member

Jul 25, 2013
    phoenix, Az
    Thanks for all the support and advice. 6wheeler I'm trying to keep everything organized for the new entrant. I know someone who just went through it so that helps. Gman, I have read a lot of your post along the way, thanks for the advice and encouragement. Things have been going really well. I got a call this week from a local shipper and was able to do some work for them, so that was exciting for us. Our driver is happy because we have been able to keep him loaded and moving with very little down time.

6wheeler Thanks this.
  9. luckytx52

luckytx52 Light Load Member

May 22, 2011
    Slow poke'n along
    [​IMG]

Derailed Thanks this.
  10. Redman30

Redman30 Light Load Member

Oct 28, 2013
    Abilene,Tx
    Congrats to you,GodGunsCountry! Want to know how it is all working out for you.Have read a lot of things on the various sites and I am still committed to being an O/O with my own Authority! Your just the Newest one I have read and it's Very Positive.I don't have the family background that you do but I do have some knowledge of the business but only as a Company Driver

11. godgunscountry

godgunscountry Bobtail Member

Jul 25, 2013
    phoenix, Az
    Ran into a problem today. Had a load set up, paper work done and the truck in route. Driver was almost to the p/u site when the broker calls and says the load was cancelled. Problem was I sent my driver 150 miles to the middle of no mans land (suppose to pay well). So it left me scrambling to find a load on a Friday at noon two and a half hrs from civilization. Took what I could get and got him loaded. Anyone have any suggestions to handle this? The broker did ended up paying a "dispatch fee" that almost paid for driver and fuel cost. Its the second time its happened. First broker said they will not pay anything. Is this just something that happens when using the loadboards?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Draft saved Draft deleted