New Car Hauler

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by DerpaDerpa, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Nobroker

Nobroker Medium Load Member

Jul 1, 2016
    The federal government just confirmed what America's 1.8 million truck drivers have been saying for years: The truck-driver shortage doesn't really exist
    If you choose to believe trucking company generated news thats your choice.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    You got me so worried I am taking the rest of the week off! There isn’t a shortage of drivers, there is a shortage of skilled drivers. Big difference. Drivers are still making 35cents a mile, D8FB7AC2-08B5-4C52-9C10-35C8567C5E7A.jpeg skilled drivers are making $2,000-$3,000 every single week. Skilled owner ops are making enough to take 6-8 weeks off a year and not give a F@@k. Lol
    When you can realize that just because I have a different perspective than you and that I am merely pointing out that this is a Big world we live in. Not that you are wrong, you may understand what I am saying and start to look at how you can see the world from a different point of view. Hopefully less negative and one that has you making more money than you currently are.

4. Nobroker

Jul 1, 2016
    I do take those long vacations that most company drivers would never be allowed, Companies arent paying leased drivers anymore in most cases than the crap rates they post on central dispatch.
    Do i think companies like URS owned by Carlyle group is getting rich ? They reported record profits last quarter, How many URS drivers would you say last quarter was the best in their career's including your 1%.

5. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    4E6E4DB7-C215-458F-9ED2-38D8B1696675.png 4341AF8F-8782-4890-B70A-D16EE48575CA.png 17785947-B807-4793-8311-48EF23C6D585.png
    I see now why you hate hauling cars. You haul off a load board. If you will talk to successful owner ops at large carriers they will tell you they wouldn’t haul for those rates either. A couple years ago I tried backhauling brokered used cars from an auction that emptied out very close to a very lucrative front haul just because it was convenient. It became so much of a time eating cluster #### getting loaded that I wouldn’t haul that freight again unless it paid much more. Maybe you should just say no to junk cheap freight. What many carriers broker out on load boards isn’t what they pay their own trucks and usually it isn’t the one hit 8or9 unit loads company and leased trucks get.
    What is it you are driving? A 3 car wedge? I have never seen you post any of your loads. Maybe if you did some of the more experienced professionals, other than me since I only recruit now days, who actually make good money could tell you what you are doing wrong. Maybe then you could start making great money. Or you could just keep complaining. I bet on more complaining from you as so far that is all I have seen you post. See if you can count all those units on the bottom picture. You won’t do that on a wedge!
    When is the last time you saw a recruiter do these loads? Try to be honest with your reply, I know it is hard for you. Lol
    You do realize I am not completely serious at my poking on you? I would probably still help you load one day when I go back to driving. For now the cushy office job is working better and the pay is double my owner operator pay. You wouldn’t believe it so I won’t even post it.

6. Nobroker

Jul 1, 2016
    I think you pick out of my posts your versions, Because you post a two week settlement that is less than i did in the past two weeks and somehow your a superhauler and i need help lol . If i make that on a wedge i would guess you had one arm. And somehow because rates suck you assume i hate my job, where did i say that. I have more freedom than 95% of drivers . And i talk to the same people you refer to and most think they are getting shafted on rates. Your blue skies and sunshine forecast couldnt be of someone doing this job in the current.
    It doesnt really matter but im in a 14 pete. High rail. But dont worry it wont be me if someone is asking how to load. Half the o/o are pulling empty trailers 30% of their miles and arent being paid enough when loaded. Its laughable you mention centurian because two weeks ago at VW they had a driver loading dropping in the same area i was going had a load probaly overweight and was getting 800 less . But im sure he was lying to make me feel better ..right. In general leased on or company arent getting paid more for a load than if i call urs and say i need a load out of the KIA plant In west point. I know contract rates are probably 30=45% higher than what united road even pays their own drivers. Someone has to pay for you office personnel.

7. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    You can’t even get a f@@@ing joke. I don’t work in an office I drive a carhauler that I own. Not the bank and not some company. Enjoy your day.

8. Nobroker

Jul 1, 2016
    I notice on your truck Hansen & Adkins is that who you make that big money at the desk with ? I would imagine pulling 6 figures there at a desk is cake since they post the lowest rates of all major carriers. Maybe they do pay o/o better than urs . I think they are the only major carrier i have never moved one car for. its been a while but few years back i did talk to them about leasing on but they really didnt convince me it was worth it. Im sure you are a better recruiter.

9. Nobroker

Jul 1, 2016
    Im sure this is biased and likely based on drivers that were slackers nonprofessional and were forced out.lol
    This is average and the reality. No matter o/o company driver or joe shmo 3 car wedge. You dont screw workers. In 1987 i made 90k delivering beer , i have to work harder now delivering cars ? You remind me of the brother that owned the beer distributor he had 3 forklift stops a day and made 135k driving a beer truck in 1987.

The Glassdoor.com average salary for drivers at Hanson and Adkins Auto Transport is $51-68,000 per year.

Hanson and Adkins Auto Transport offers its employees the following benefits:

• Weekly pay – competitive wages
    • Drivers are home most weekends
    • Safety bonuses
    • Damage-free bonuses
    • 401(k) retirement with company match
    • Paid vacations
    • Medical insurance
    • Dental insurance
    • Vision insurance
    • Company paid life insurance
    • Aflac (supplemental life insurance)
    • Flexible spending account
    • Employee assistance program

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
  10. Kawinige01

Kawinige01 Heavy Load Member

May 30, 2016
    South Fla
    Our scrubs make 1800+ a week here. And i wouldn't even consider them scrubs. They just work mon-fri. We had an extremely slow month and a half or so and i was still taking home 3800+ every 2 weeks.. after escrow and advances. I complained my ### off but i knew guys ay other companies who weren't even working. And if they were i was still making alot more than them

Banker Thanks this.
  11. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    I realize reading comprehension is not your strong point, so I will make one last comment to you. If you will note that on the settlement I posted which was earned on 50 hour weeks and home every night I still brought home, this means what I cleared after all expenses, fuel, insurance, maintenance escrow and other regular expenses $4,600 a week. I don’t care about anyone else, but I live #### good on $4,600 a week. Even live good after the $1,200 a week I put towards retirement. Once again large companies broker freight out and they throw a low rate out to see if haulers will haul it for that low rate. If you haul it then who do you have to blame?

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
    interpreter Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.