New Car Hauler

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by DerpaDerpa, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Nobroker

Nobroker Medium Load Member

Jul 1, 2016
    Sounds sketchy you have to have a 35k month to average 25% for all money earned. I know a few years back they were financing the truck if you would sign on with them. I saw a lot of shiny new trucks. Its tough if you have a 3-4k month truck payment as well they keep you on the hook.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    EB337524-9DD5-4654-BB86-1E596A4E78B8.png
    In order for us to all be on the same page, my numbers were not total truck gross. They were after the company took their cut. My total truck gross for two weeks of not so hard, no northeast, home every night work was $14,436.88. Leaving me with $12,402.80 before fuel, insurance and administrative fees. After the smoke cleared I brought home to the bank $9,194.80. A number that I can be happy with for the amount of work I do. It is very clear to reasonably minded people that new cars pay about the same for the most part unless the load is brokered with the freight holder taking a cut, then the haulers company taking another cut before the disgruntled carhauler gets his cut. I don’t haul that kind of freight. Yes it will vary in some lanes and spot market freight will usually pay drastically more than my contract freight. Certain people who work harder than others like @Kawinige01 should gross more and those who also run the Northeast should make more. If I was as young as Kawinige I would give him a run for his money. I even ran many a mile in the northeast back years ago. I don’t need to run hard anymore and don’t want the extra money to go very far northeast.

Kawinige01 Thanks this.
  4. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    BC4F4FB9-06F4-4456-886B-88A73BAC507D.png Once in a blue moon I may pull an extra load. I don’t do it often, but can when needed. I can even get close to some of the high earners on occasion. This two week settlement my rig grossed $16,757.52 or $8,378.76 for a week. Not bad for a home daily slacker. Just think how much a hard worker could make.

Kawinige01 Thanks this.
  5. Kawinige01

Kawinige01 Heavy Load Member

May 30, 2016
    South Fla
    Well when i signed the lease i pretty much agreed on being 17k+ in the hole/debt. Everything else after that is a mystery to me. Im really good at math i did 38k 1st month 25k 2nd month. That's 63k+ so Even with the 5k a month "loan" they give until you "get on your feet" and fuel and toll. It didn't add up to 63k. I called it quits half way thru the 3rd month. I put everything on the line. With a 6 year old and a newborn at home and almost lost it all screwing around with that backwards ### ####

Tropsnart Thanks this.
  6. Kawinige01

May 30, 2016
    South Fla
    And im no slouch and i didnt have a single damage claim while i was there. It didn't take me long to realize to them 2+2 doesn't equal 4.... another friend of mine was there and he was leasing a used truck from them. In 8 months he took home a little over 13k. And he stayed out 1.5-2+ months at a time

Tropsnart Thanks this.
  7. Tropsnart

Tropsnart Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2015
    Pavilion New York
    Just the other day I had a driver tell me how much (little) he was getting paid for a load of gm from Waverly NY. He said they were doing those loads as a favor to gm. I've yet to hear a positive about them from someone who worked there.

8. Kawinige01

May 30, 2016
    South Fla
    Its a bad deal all the way around. It almost forces you to stay on the road

Tropsnart Thanks this.
  9. interpreter

interpreter Light Load Member

Jan 3, 2013
    We got $3000 to go from Waverly to Nashville a couple weeks ago. 8 vehicles, GM. Loaded Thursday evening late, was empty by early afternoon Saturday. I started with them mid month, so I only hit 20% for the month. I figured $600 for a day and a half wasn’t bad. I’ll always take more, but it was nice having a full day to just ride and guide. My body is still getting used to the physical activity.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
  10. Tropsnart

Tropsnart Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2015
    Pavilion New York
    I've never heard of a sliding pay scale like that. It seems like a good idea to me because it rewards the guys who hustle. 25% is the norm around ny. That's what I paid company drivers who worked for me in the past. I wish I'd have thought to use that sliding scale.

interpreter Thanks this.
  11. Nobroker

Nobroker Medium Load Member

Jul 1, 2016
    Adopting pay scales of a company yourself said nobody has anything good to say about , lol sounds like a good idea ?
    You run across all kinds of pay scales owners come up with none of which favor a driver and those are the companies always saying i cant find a good driver and run constant help wanted ads. All it takes is one idiot driver you hire to ruin your bussiness. I always told my boss find a good driver then buy the truck. When i started i had owners try all kinds of scams trying to pay out less . I had one driver tell me his 25% comes after fuel cost is deducted some say they have to pay 100% of damage claims and the owner deducts 3% of their pay to maintain a $2500 claims account each driver has. To me thats all crazy I would never take a job that had any such policy. Im not saying i have never had any damage occur but i am saying i have never paid 10 cents. If your damage/accident prone ummm maybe this isnt for you lol. This is probably one of the only industries that any such policies exist.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.