New Chicago Truck stop

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by HalpinUout, Jul 23, 2015.

1. 25(2)+2

25(2)+2 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 18, 2006
    the road less travelled
    The Loves in South Holland still is under construction, and it looks like a lot of building for a Loves.

Will County is a sore subject, just far enough from the city and burbs to get the traffic, and broke enough that enforcement pulls the old highwaymen routine on trucks, particularly out of state trucks.

Seeing as how ours are carrying WI papers, and we run out of Iowa, that little bit of extra head scratching gives them time to figure out new ways to get a little money for donuts. Avoid when traffic is too light.

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Hoofbeats

Hoofbeats Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Iraq
    Wasn't there a truck stop around the 257 on I55? I used to stop there. They used to have the best lunch buffet. It was hot dogs and hamburgers with all of the fixings. It was a Mom and Pop place. It was bought out by a bunch of Indians. It started to turn into a real toilet, real fast. I stopped going there after the third or fourth time after it was bought by them. I left the country shortly afterwards and have never been back since. This would have been almost ten years ago.

4. Bean Jr.

Bean Jr. Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2014
    I have stopped at the Amerifreight. It is really clean and inviting.

NavigatorWife and HalpinUout Thank this.
  5. 25(2)+2

25(2)+2 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 18, 2006
    the road less travelled
    The story on that was the locals got it rezoned and shut it down that way. It was used recently for construction staging when US30 was being updated.

6. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    I was checking my lottery tickets online and tonight's "Lucky Day Lotto" winner was sold at the Amerifreight Truckstop in Northlake. $350,000 I hope a deserving driver was the lucky winner!!!

mjd4277, Bean Jr. and slim shady Thank this.
  7. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    What I do is go into the gate and get the parking ticket, get on the CAT scale and weigh. Then go out the gate, around the block again and park in the fuel island and go in and pay for CAT scale. BTW, they only take cash. If I need a reweigh, just repeat the process. The guy at the out gate loos at me funny like he has an extreme case of deja vu.

8. HalpinUout

Oct 2, 2011
    Why would you leave out of the lot and then go around the block and come back in and then block the fuel Island? :withstupid:

What you do is pull into the lot get the little ticket from the automated gate pull onto the CAT scale once weighed go pull up near the building go in get your scale ticket, If you need reweigh pull right back on the scale do it all over again. If everything Is good then you exit out. :hello1: Very Simple

And believe me I've scale at that truck stop lots and lots of times

9. scottied67

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte

Oftentimes that side of the shop was full of trucks parked up in there. Plus it is a longer roundtrip walk that way, my way, I step out the truck and walk in the front door right there. Takes longer to get a cup of coffee doing it my way.

I've probably scaled there more than you lol

10. HalpinUout

Oct 2, 2011
    What ever floats your boat my friend.

slim shady Thanks this.
  11. scottied67

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Maybe I will video it next time to prove my way is faster lol

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.