New dad looking to start trucking

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by Viking_logistics, Apr 12, 2022.

1. leviant0107

leviant0107 Medium Load Member

Oct 24, 2021
    Detroit, MI
    Advice: I’m a pretty new driver myself and have had the benefit of driving a little bit (5-6 months) and want a truck to operate myself. But I’m also a businessman and investor pre-CDL. And after the extensive napkin math, research and investigation I’ve done as well as getting assistance and advice from a number of my fellow forum members. Patience is a virtue, used trucks are overly expensive and you could very well buy which will immediately need a little 20k in frame.

Scraping up every dollar you can find to buy a truck will quickly sink you into grey hair land my man. I’m personally looking at a settlement soon for upwards of 50k and I probably still won’t buy one even then. Just more real estate and eventually leverage one of these houses for startup. When it won’t hurt me at all to fail and start over if need be.

Start local, stay local. I’ve got a 2 month old and had no problem finding a 100k a year job almost immediately.

Where are you located?

And focus on actually getting licensed first. You’ll make a lot of money company driver to take care of family before you start thinking O/O

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Heaveninamoment

Heaveninamoment Light Load Member

Oct 16, 2018
    Milky Way
    No experience necessary as long as you pray and do what’s best for your family and listen to everyone’s advice, even negative advice can be useful if you think “how can this help me with my family…?”- because you may be able to do what the negative perspective person cannot or willing to do.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.