new FFE drivers, once you get your first year in, get out.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by truckerDan95, Apr 6, 2013.

1. truckerDan95

truckerDan95 Bobtail Member

Apr 6, 2013
    FFE is an okay company to get your first year's experience, but after that you will need to find a better company. FFE will rip you off on miles, pay, and expense reimbursement. They will install a Spy cam in your truck to monitor your driving, and they will conduct random driving test, and get rid of you, regardless if you have had any accidents or not. They pay 1 year loyalty bonus of $1,000 in two payments, over the following year. If you leave before the second payment you lose that part of bonus. They will bill you for the equivalent of a bus ticket for you to get home with all your things. My "reimbursement" should have been $178, but they charged it back to me. I had over $700 in car rental expenses including fuel to go from Ontario, CA to Timpson, TX, 1,565 miles. There is nothing about FFE that makes any sense at all. They have the Peoplenet computer system in the truck, which includes electronic logbook, navigation, and messaging. The navigation software is crappy, unreliable, and undependable. The computer itself is constantly going down, freezing up, and is not maintained correctly. If you call for help from FFE, you get a message to call peoplenet. If you call peoplenet, you will wait on the phone for hours to be helped, especially on weekends and after hours. Most of the drive managers have very limited drive experience, and have no understanding for what drivers have problems with. They buy new trucks to avoid having to pay for or make repairs on their fleet. I'm currently filing for unemployment against them.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BJnobear

BJnobear Heavy Load Member

Aug 24, 2010
    PCB, FL
    Yep that sounds about right. They just dropped a $4800 collection on me for the "Drive Academy" horsepucky. I never signed anything that stated I owed them a #### dime, but no matter even though they decided not to bring me back when my trainer came back after a medical procedure, they still charged me.

Bait and switch liars over yonder. Still waiting for them to send me copies of this "promissory note" I supposedly signed. Been waiting a over a year. Lawyer said Im just screwed.

Are there not laws against this kind of stuff?

4. sharp.dressed.man

sharp.dressed.man Heavy Load Member

Dec 10, 2011
    IL
    If you got your CDL through them then you owe them that dough. A friend of mine has been getting the same from them. Even though he chose to leave before the year was up.

I worked there for one week. They are just a bargain basement company. Their facilities were garbage. Their trailers were garbage. Their tractors were pretty nice on average though. I can't believe their OTR pay scale either. How in the world can they find people willing to drive for that?

5. Wingnut1

Wingnut1 Light Load Member

Jul 3, 2012
    The Mitten
    I left there after 6 months and haven't looked back. Found a better gig at 38/cpm, paper logs, faster truck, and I 100% route myself, including fuel stops. Cut them a check for half of what they say you owe, trust me, they will take it.

6. Driver Eight

Driver Eight Light Load Member

Oct 26, 2012
    where did you end up?

7. Marksteven

Marksteven Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Bumble Fxxx

Thats sad to hear. They were my first driving job back in 1977. I drove for them for 4 years and teamed with the same driver. I drove out of Lancaster. Back then they were small and did not run all 48 states. Back then it had a small company feeling. I guess thats what happens when outfits grow beyond their means. I was a newbie then and didnt know much

8. StayBusyTrucker

StayBusyTrucker Medium Load Member

Mar 25, 2013
    Ffe does exactly what they advertise they do,they train drivers. If you leave after you fullfill your commitment then ffe has acomplished what they and the driver set out to do. They do not cheat, lie or decieve drivers yes there may be a lack of communication at times but no less or more than other big companies.Funny how most of the complaints are from former drivers and a large majority of those didnt even complete there written agreement of one year to pay back there schooling. No different from those who dont complete there commitments in the military.Each and every student at the academy knows what the pay scale is and what is required from them if the student doesnt ask the right questions at the time of hire its not the companies fault it's the students.There lack of preparation in doing the proper research before they hire on is there responsibility.I have driven for 7 months for them and they have been very fair with me I have driven for many years and even though this isnt the best company I have worked for I am happy and pleased with the way they treat me. While it is true I dont may huge amounts of money my home time with this company is outstanding I never go home with less than 5 days off and as many as 11 days taken off after only staying out for 3 weeks at a time. I drive a brand new truck .So for those who are looking for a starting company Ffe is a good place to start and when looking for other drivers advice just remember those who have negative things to say most times didnt do there homework when they hired on and are just mad at themselves for not doing the right thing to start with...

sedain, coastie and trips74 Thank this.
  9. sharp.dressed.man

sharp.dressed.man Heavy Load Member

Dec 10, 2011
    IL
    Be careful taking advice from a guy who compares people leaving a bad company with people going awol in the military. The one thing that this guy said that I will agree with is that you do have a decent shot at getting a newer truck. The tractor fleet at FFE was pretty decent.

but

Working for FFE is a good way to get CSA points. Every trailer that I saw there was nothing but a failed inspection looking for a place to happen. Other than the one in Lancaster which was just "ok" they shouldn't be allowed to legally call those dumps terminals.

FFE is a joke and their cpm is the punchline.

10. StayBusyTrucker

Mar 25, 2013
    I was in th USMCR for 6 years I said nothing about going awol I was 0151 administrative clerek I personally processed hundreds of marines out for a variety of reasons but just like driving once they get it in there head that they didnt want to fullfill there enlistment they would come up with excuses and plans to find ways to fail if you want it to happen you will find a way...

11. StayBusyTrucker

Mar 25, 2013
    Also ffe stresses doing proper pre trips problems that arise on the trailers 95% of the time can be fixed on the road if you choose to drive around till you arrive in lancaster to get it fixed and you get inspected before you get there then its your fault not the companies.Its called doing your job and taking responsibility for you actions..

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.