new freightliiner owner needs some mechanic advice

Discussion in 'Freightliner Forum' started by SonicHauling, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan

BINGO!! we have a winner.

the M2 isn't your daddy's 1995 freightliner, it is a bit more complex than that and it should be brought into a freightliner shop, the codes downloaded and see what they are.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. fortycalglock

fortycalglock Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Tourist Town, FL
    The codes it's throwing are telling you what's wrong.

4. SonicHauling

SonicHauling Bobtail Member

Apr 12, 2013
    winnipeg, manitoba
    Thanks for all your reply's we eventually put a plug in heated blanket over the engine for 30 mins and tried to restart the truck for some reason it worked lol the was frost on the air sensors we had the truck looked at and found no faults except for the erg hasnt connecting they thought it could be from the cold it did hit a dry low of -37 with the windchill that morning

5. magoo68

magoo68 Road Train Member

Jun 11, 2011
    st malo mb canada
    hes from winnipeg and the freightliner shop is the worst ive been too in canada everytime im forced to go their i can expect to go back 2 more times to fix problem .another thing is the grumpy lady at service makes you stand at counter for 30 minutes while shes on phone im from winnipeg and will only go there if i cant limp it elsewhere

6. leftlanetruckin

leftlanetruckin Road Train Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Mo Via Blackpool,Lancs.
    If it's a 2007, it could have DPF or it could just be EGR. If only EGR, the inlet tube from the exhaust manifold may have been blocked off by a previous owner. Easy to do and throws no codes, and stops the engine from ingesting it's own crap.
    As far as the codes etc goes, you just have to get the codes read, period. I have my own code reader in the truck, and would highly recommend anyone whop owns a truck go out and buy one. More so if the local dealer is completely useless!

Martin

Moon_beam Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.