Hello out there. I’m a recent graduate looking for a good driving company. I know each one has pros and cons. I’m trying to sift through smoke that the recruiters are telling me and figure out what is truth. Mid-life career change for me. I’m a recently divorced dad with 3 young kids. I’m aware I have to put in my time on the road, but would like to be close to home for my parenting time. Any thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated.
New grad in the NJ area
Page 1 of 3
CDL Class A Truck Driver Needed for Regional Run!
Paper Transport is growing! We have regional CDL-A truck driver opportunities for standard freight in your area. Our CDL-A truck driving jobs offer outstanding advantages and benefits for how you like to drive. What drives you? Let us help you find it!
Take a look at Paper Transport advantages for CDL-A regional truck drivers and apply today!
- Mileage Rate: 60 CPM
- Miles/Week: 2,600
- Average Weekly Pay: $1,560
- Average Yearly Earnings: $81,120
- Experienced Min. Pay Guarantee: $900
- Schedule: Choose 5.5 days out (start day typically Sunday or Monday) and 1.5 days home or 14 days out and 3 days home
- Type: One-way network freight, mixed customers, 99% No-Touch, and 50/50 Drop and Hook
- Operating Area: Primarily Wisconsin, Indiana, Illinois, Ohio, Michigan, Missouri, and Georgia. Occasionally, Arkansas, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Florida, Oklahoma, Tennessee, and Texas
- Experienced Driver Orientation: 1.5-Day Orientation + $500 First-Load Bonus
- New CDL Grad Orientation: 1-Week Paid Orientation + 2-Weeks Paid On-the-Job Training
- $20 Paid Stop-Off
- $20/Hour Paid Detention (after only 1 hour)
- Paid Vacation + Paid Holidays
- Medical, Vision, Dental, Short/Long-Term Disability, Company Paid Life Insurance, and 401K with employer match
- No-Fee Pet Policy (no fee, no wait, and up to 2 pets at a time)
- No-Fee Passenger Policy (no fee!)
- Referral, Safety, Quarterly, and Monthly Bonus Opportunities
- Have a Current Class A
- Recent Class A CDL Grads Welcome.
- No DUI/DWI or other alcohol-related convictions in the last 5 years
I live in North Jersey. Morris, Bergen, Passaic, Sussex area. If I could stay local, that would be great! Everywhere I have looked seems like new grads start with OTR, then after a 1 or so can look for something else. I am a dedicated person whose values are high on commitment. I wouldn’t want to use and leave a company just for the experiential factor. I also like many need to know, I will be able to support myself and my family.
Is Elizabeth too far to commute. This company has local and regional.
Hires new cdl school grads and various work schedules to choose from.
You'll make enough money to support your family.
Truck Driving Jobs | Dot Transportation, Inc.
454 York Street
Elizabeth, NJ 07114
Was just looking at Lily Transportation website it has 1 yr. experience, but they've been hiring new grads on a case by case basis. Make about $94G a year. Hiring in Port Jervis.
Teams can average $130,000 a year for each driver.
Home - Lily Transportation
I'll private message a contact there. We're not allowed to post phone numbers on the open forum.
Page 1 of 3