New Hope Commodities& Logistics LLC Moravia NY

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by rickoliss, Sep 7, 2008.

1. rickoliss

rickoliss Bobtail Member

Mar 16, 2008
    Auburn NY
    Warning to any drivers looking for work in Upstate NY near Auburn NY
    Formaly know company Streem trucking LLC
    Has a job listing in the local news paper an online
    Posted as a flat bed position
    Home 4-5 week nights
    50,000 to start
    The job is pulling overlength steel rebar 60 feet on a 48 foot flatbed
    From Corrsion Control or Nucor steel plant Auburn NY
    To primary customer in the Bronxs NY and or other customers in the north east corridor
    I worked for 8 months for this company which is owned by
    John and Amy Nemec
    The guy is a real smooth talker, very deceptive,always has a good answer
    A Con artist
    I was cheated in sevral ways
    I was promised I would be paid for all miles I drove
    MT or Loaded Not true
    He retained Taxs ( employment taxs) from my weekly pay
    But never paid the State or Federal tax's on my behalf
    Never paid Social Security taxs
    Most importantly He never paid into any Unemployment fund in NY state
    He never gave a regular payroll type check which listed all the deductions etc. he wrote mostly personal checks for my compensation or cash
    with a hand written piece of paper with your miles for the week an deductions subtracted from it.
    You are expected to work drive 14-16 hr days with no extra pay
    You are expected to run a rather shottie log book as well.
    You are expected to drive substandard equiment meaning
    hauling 80,000lbs on underated axles or tractors not meant to haul weight

the list goes on I did report him to the IRS an NY state tax depts and all my records were made correct except for the unployment benifits that I lost because he never paid the fund which caused me to cash
    a 401k in that I lost just to make ends meet.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JPenn

JPenn Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Northern Tier PA
    If he's going out on a limb that far, he won't last long. I'm in Nucor frequently as it's near the house, and I can't recall seeing that name anywhere. Lots of Barr trucks though, but they haul the 60ft rebar on extendable flats or 53's I think.

What sort of rigs are they running?

4. rickoliss

rickoliss Bobtail Member

Mar 16, 2008
    Auburn NY
    JPenn you are correct in saying that Barr use's stretch trailers 45 footers that extend to 53 they are legal but they get over lenght permits when they get on the thruway. There's a company across the street (were you scale in an out)from Nucor called Corrsion Control they are a company I belive which is owned be Resteel they put the Green Epoxy coating on the rebar..Now this guy that runs new hope commodities formaly know as Streem truck is one of the few exclusive haulers that pull steel out of both places but primarily out of corrsion control.there main customer is under the Tri-boro bridge in the Bronxs an the boys from Barr won't go there so when ever the need any steel rebar which is usualy 3-4 time's a week they relie on New Hope -formaly Streem to keep them supplyed which when I work for him he wasn't very reliable period he had every excuse in the book . but when he needed a paycheck from them you could be sure he'd be there lol. he has some strange equiment to say the least one is an old car hauler cabin over freightliner with a mini bunk he added on the frame making it longer an put a cheap tag axle on the rear of the tractor then remounted the 5th wheel in the normal area between the tag an drive rears it had a m11 in makeing it supper light when you hooked it to a 48 foot Reitinower (alum) flatbed it scaled under 23000 total which aloud him to get 6 bundels of 60foot steel on the trailer legaly ( thats how he made money) now the truck I drove was a old moving tractor orginal used by mayflower it also had a m11 an 7500lb front axle an lite duty rears he then remounted the 5th wheel directly over the rear axle making more room to hang 3-4 feet of steel off the front of the trailer and 91/2 feet off the rear of the trailer we would run flags and a set of cheap marker lites dangling from the the rear of the load and was also able to get 6 bundels of steel on the trailer an still make weight .. it was a real treat to drive:biggrin_2551: but I must have run at least 150or more loads like that and never got bothered by any dot or state troppers in NJ PA or NY Ohio Mass Conn. RI .......Im tell ing you this guy has been doing this for many years .....His main goal in life is to cheat the goverment out of taxs .. He heats his home with diesel fuel by stealing out of his own fuel tanks of his trucks and he gets a huge fuel surcharge from Nucor an Resteel ...He made lots of promises to me that I never saw.... He ended up cheating me out of miles an taxs that he collected from my pay check an pocketing them to make ends meet with his wife an 5 kids ....You keep an eye out across the street from Nucor you'll see the stretch trailers from Resteel an 3 reitinower trailers and the classic Cabinover freightliner I mention ..... He's a well educated college crook that twists the law's of the trucking industry.

5. JPenn

JPenn Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Northern Tier PA
    I've seen that cabover with a load in the Kirkwood Pilot a few times. M11? How does that thing get up a hill!? Sounds like a real hack outfit.

Come and play with one of the bigger flatbed outfits...a bunch of us get into Nucor in Auburn a lot (among other places). TMC, LJ Kennedy, Leidtka, Roehl, Hartt...hmm, who else have I seen in there, besides Barr and the Canadian rigs....

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.