New horizons with Holland Enterprises (Fargo,ND)

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by chowick1966, Feb 19, 2014.

1. chowick1966

chowick1966 Medium Load Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Bloomington,IL
    DAY TWO

Done with Day 2 around 4pm.... paperwork paperwork and the usual safety stuff. They are VERY hot on safety and it shows in their CSA scores. Chat with the payroll lady and with Ruth a very nice lady who pretty much takes care of all the drivers needs, hometime requests and the like, and meet with the insurance lady. Insurance is OK for single but HIGHLY expensive for Family.....which if you are insuring your spouse too comes to over $700/month....yes!!!! If it is yourself and a child it would be just over $400.

Drug test results came back fine (was not expecting anything else, but for some reason always get nervous about them!!!) there was one other guy here that had been here since last week waiting for his drug test results but he apprantly tested positive and was sent home.....it amazes me that people STILL think they can get away with this!!!

Bonuses that truly ARE achievable....100% of drivers got the fuel bonus last quarter... 0.01c/mile for 6.5mpg average also mileage bonuses and safety bonus which is a little more difficult, around 50% of the drivers got that...there are a LOT of disqualifiers for it...

Hopefully should be getting on the road today or tomorrow at the latest.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. chowick1966

chowick1966 Medium Load Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Bloomington,IL
    DAY THREE

Wrap up the last of the Orientation paperwork today get my stuff in my truck and meet with the dispatch staff. All seem a friendly bunch and they dispatch regionally which i prefer. Get my first load assignment so I can head home and get my stuff.

Bumper Thanks this.
  4. DenaliDad

DenaliDad Retired Wheel Dog

I wouldn't have made it this week; with the hills I've been climbing this and the load I've had, my mpg is down to 6.3.

5. DenaliDad

Enjoy your new digs, driver!

6. tow614

tow614 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2013
    I hope it goes well chowic....

I know that changing companies is really a crap shoot. You never really know if they will be a good fit for you until you try..

fortunately there are plenty of them out there.

I do believe that I have managed to land in a good place on my first attempt post gordon. My income is what it was with gordon before the heartland fiasco and things are quite laid back here.

7. DenaliDad

I hope you both found good, stable, long-term employers. It will be fun to watch you both over the next six months or so.

tow614 Thanks this.
  8. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    I think a third member of "the band" is about to emerge....... Just saying ;)

chowick1966 and DenaliDad Thank this.
  9. Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky Bobtail Member

Jan 19, 2010
    I'll jump on this band wagon as well. Just got off the phone with the safety department and will be in North Dakota for orientation March 17th. How was the road test for those that have already done it? Where did you stay? The super 8 or somewhere else?

Also do all trucks have a fridge in them or only some? I can't seem to get that answer out of anyone.

10. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Good luck on the new gig. Count me in on your new adventure.

11. DenaliDad

Is that a mid roof or just a skewed photo? Hopefully, it's just the pic...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.