New horizons with Holland Enterprises (Fargo,ND)

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by chowick1966, Feb 19, 2014.

1. chowick1966

chowick1966 Medium Load Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Bloomington,IL
    Short and VERY sharp snow squall on top of Elk Mountain yesterday!!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. chowick1966

Sep 19, 2007
    Bloomington,IL
    DAY NINE

Grand Island NE to Little America WY 650 miles

A lovely long driving day with relatively few hiccups a short sharp snow squall and a quick stop to clear the windshield on Elk Mountain....Amazingly only ONE qualcomm message in the last 3 days.....a general fleet message...I love not being micromanaged you have a fuel network that they want you to fuel out of but do not tell you exactly where to fuel.

Trucks are governed at 65mph but you can get up to 70mph for one hour per day....so 650 miles with 55 minutes to spare last night, previous other companies would have taken all of the 11.

The truck is clean, comfortable and well maintained (look at their CSA scores..). I am pretty sure that I have made the right move here. As Tow said in Joe's forum the better companies to aim for are the 200-300 truck outfits, they tend to care more for their drivers.

Oh well, enough for now and into Nevada we go!!!

4. DenaliDad

DenaliDad Retired Wheel Dog

My job previous to Gordon was a regional carrier with 50 trucks that were home every weekend. Even though they kept the trucks for a million miles, they took care of the maintenance issues right away. We didn't have anything in the way of fancy stuff...no APU, no inverter, no fender mirrors, no engine brakes, and no condos...the trucks ran well for the most part. I tried for 4 weeks (of my 6 weeks) to get my APU repaired and was going to do that when I came out of home today. But before I went in, I was told the APU's are not being sent to TK for repair anymore; GTI shops are now doing all the work.

I wonder how that's going to work out. They'll see, I guess.

5. tow614

tow614 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2013
    That is why everyone is finding their apu's not working. You won't find a heartland shop working on an apu I assure you.

6. DenaliDad

Right. Only Gordon shops. I tried when I was in Columbus; the floor tech said he would send me to TK, but the shop manager overrode the decision, so the fault never was resolved.

7. chowick1966

Sep 19, 2007
    Bloomington,IL
    Yup.... Mine quit on me in Washington and they had me staying in motels all the way back to illinois. .

8. DenaliDad

That would be such a pain in the derriere, which is why I didn't even ask for it. The bunk heater worked fine, so I had no need to de-truck, find a room, and sleep in a strange, different bed every night.

9. carramrod32

carramrod32 Heavy Load Member

Sep 7, 2008
    Midwest
    How do you get up to 70 for that hour a day? You got me confused on that one.

10. chowick1966

Sep 19, 2007
    Bloomington,IL
    You pump the gas pedal three times....

carramrod32 Thanks this.
  11. chowick1966

Sep 19, 2007
    Bloomington,IL
    DAY TEN
    Little America,WY to Imlay,NV

Another 500+ day today, but a typical day on I80....nothing much happens except of course you have to watch yourself on Parley's....especially seeing as the compression brake on this truck isn't as good as the Jake I had on the Cummins engined Cascadia I had at GTI. Well, on to Tracy this morning....and hopefully a quick load out....haven't heard anything yet!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.