New HOS Regulations 9-29-2020

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by MidwestGator, Jun 11, 2020.

1. MidwestGator

MidwestGator Bobtail Member

Jan 9, 2020
    Hot off the press. Enjoy. Post questions below. Should I do a youtube video discussing?

.pdf tips: click show comments for more info

Attached Files:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bad-luck

bad-luck Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Baltimore, Maryland
    I still can't believe that they didn't allow to stop the 14 hour clock for a 2 or 3 hour rest break. It still forces drivers to to drivers to drive tired.

alds Thanks this.
  4. MidwestGator

Jan 9, 2020
    Hours of Service Drivers Final Rule | FMCSA
    """the sleeper berth exception to allow a driver to meet the 10-hour minimum off-duty requirement by spending at least 7, rather than at least 8 hours of that period in the berth and a minimum off-duty period of at least 2 hours spent inside or outside of the berth, provided the two periods total at least 10 hours, and that neither qualifying period counts against the 14-hour driving window."""

Sure would like to know how it "Forces" a driver to drive fatigued... please explain.

5. bad-luck

Nov 16, 2013
    Baltimore, Maryland
    I stand corrected. I didn't realize that you could take a 2 or 3 hour break befor the 7 hour break

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
    alds and Coffey Thank this.
  6. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Not only can you stop, it's illegal to keep driving tired.
    Stop and get rest and (especially if there are delays that are not the drivers fault) get dispatch/broker to reschedule delivery. See, HOS isn't forcing anyone to run tired. Quite the contrary, it requires the driver to rest if he's tired. The driver is choosing to and blaming their lack of backbone to force dispatch/brokers to follow the law.

roshea, Roberts450, Deadwood and 5 others Thank this.
  7. MidwestGator

Jan 9, 2020
    Yes. Thanks ZVar.

To add, I am more than willing to answer any question but please at least go through the .pdf and website I posted above. It clearly states that qualifying split sleeper periods stop your clock. I'll attach a photo if it better explains what the text does not.

Attached Files:

OldW900AOwner, rachi, PE_T and 2 others Thank this.
  8. bad-luck

Nov 16, 2013
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Sometimes a reschedule is not a possibility... Some receiver's have outrageous late fees, I have seen $500 late fees.....

9. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    What does that have to do with breaking the law and running tired? Yes I realize sometime crap happens. Simple fact blaming HOS for running tired is never going to get anywhere because HOS specifically doesn't allow one to run tired.

10. HopeOverMope

HopeOverMope Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2016
    I-20 LOUISIANA
    232 pages!!!! What a joke. It’s not that complicated. See instead of actually doing stuff they just take one thing and OVER do it, pretending to work. Boo

11. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    If a normal 24 hr clock dont stop, neither will any other clock. The rules are quite flexible I'd you know how to utilize them. They were flexible before these retarded changes.

black_dog106 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.