New Jersey Atop National List of Outbound Migration

Discussion in 'Other News' started by Chinatown, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    mjd4277, JC1971 and bzinger Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Corruption and mismanagement.

Chinatown, Swedish Chef and JC1971 Thank this.
  4. Swedish Chef

Swedish Chef Heavy Load Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Here in North Carolina, it’s the same way. Lots of Northeastern folks relocate here like I did. Some for the weather, some for the lower cost of living. Unfortunately, the vast majority of these folks are New Yorkers.

When I’m driving around, I see their cars now have NC tags but still have the NY inspection stickers on the windshield. Or they have a bumper sticker on their car with a silhouette of NY that says “home.” on it. Or they have vanity plates that say “FRMDABRONX” or something. Or they just keep the NY plates. Needless to say, they’re all over the place here. And I’m hoping they don’t ruin anything.

mjd4277, Chinatown and bzinger Thank this.
  5. Swedish Chef

Swedish Chef Heavy Load Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    About 15 years ago, I would’ve said moving to NJ would’ve been worth it. The close proximity to NYC, Philadelphia and the ocean, great pizza, cheesesteaks and seafood, the produce, you don’t have to pump your own gas, great schools and hospitals... NJ used to be the best state to live in back in the 80’s, 90’s and early 00’s, and it still possesses some good qualities today. But it’s not worth living there anymore this day and age.

bzinger, mjd4277 and Chinatown Thank this.
  6. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Crossville, TN is also popular for retirees and people from the Northeast and Michigan to relocate to.

Swedish Chef, bzinger and mjd4277 Thank this.
  7. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    My brother and sister-in-law bought some property down near Medon,TN (south of Jackson) where they plan to rebuild their current house in Illinois after my brother retires in a couple of years. Former Governor Bruce Rauner’s tax increases forced both of them to look out of state,Plus my sister-in-law wanted to be closer to her father, who lives down near Shelbyville.

bzinger and Chinatown Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.