New job US Xpress

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by BigDan28, Nov 30, 2009.

1. Braazooka

Braazooka Light Load Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Orlando FL
    Hey KH, are u going to be lease or company with USX? I was a reader of your thread about LP (great job, to mention) and i just curious about how you doing...im also from FL, husbund/w team to be more specific, and we are looking for a place to get long haul and steady LP to jump on it.
    Good luck there and keep rolling..

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rubberduck77

rubberduck77 Bobtail Member

Jan 10, 2010
    can anyone out there help me as to what to expect from this company when i attend orientation? Just looking for any and all feedback, thx

4. ringerjb

ringerjb Bobtail Member

Feb 17, 2010
    All I can say is I was as well, went through orientation, they could not work the truck enough to pay the bills, no checks always in the hole. Quit, turned in truck and moved on within a short time.

5. jtrnr1951

jtrnr1951 Road Train Member

It should be interesting, to say the least. They do check all your info, so try not to lie.

Good Luck !!

6. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    I went to US orientation so I will try to help you out. If you are a student, you will be going to Medway, OH or Tunnel Hill ,GA for orientation. I went to Tunnel Hill and was sent home for "Competitive hiring" per a HR lady. Arrive on Saturday and you will come in Sunday and do a road test plus fill out some paperwork. Plus you get an extra $54.

On Monday, you will do a DOT physical, go over E-Logs, watch a couple videos. Be prepared to sit and not know what is going on. If you are missing paperwork your name will be posted on the board saying you need to call your recruiter and straighten it out. Better yet, have all job verifications handy in case your old employer decides to charge USX to verify. They will NOT pay. If you went to college, get a official set of transcripts. If you are on meds, get a release stating you are safe to drive on (insert medication here) and have the doc put his/her number.

Do not lie on your app or you will get sent home; One guy who was orientation for l/p did not report an accident (he said it was not on his record) and USX found out. He was sent home on the dog. If you get sent home, call travel department and tell them your situation and you will not have to pay for a bus ticket. Also, go to Tim, and have him give you a form that you can mail to corporate in Chattanooga asking them why you were sent home. Hope this helps.

KH

Baack and jtrnr1951 Thank this.
  7. red_eye

red_eye Medium Load Member

Dec 30, 2009
    belpre, ohio
    Only thing i see on USX is ..all auto trucks.. if you decide to leave for another company.. better hope they are auto also.. or you might have a problem.. but good luck.. hope it works out for you.. keep us updated :)

8. SeaPea

SeaPea Light Load Member

Feb 15, 2010
    Carlsbad, CA
    Tell them to hire me! :p

jtrnr1951 Thanks this.
  9. Thehousethatpeterbilt

Thehousethatpeterbilt Light Load Member

Feb 17, 2010
    new jersey
    Just submitted an online application. All the trucks are auto shifts? Yech I like to actually shift!

10. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    All their trucks are ultra-shift w/o clutch.

KH

jtrnr1951 Thanks this.
  11. slickshaner

slickshaner Bobtail Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Carrollton Illinois
    I am going to a major company on Monday, and my truck driving school said not to report any accidents if there were no tickets involved. Over the years I've had a couple of minor fender benders but wouldnt even know where to look as to the dates and there are no tickets, so Im not reporting them, I hope they dont think Im a cheat or something. any advise?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.