New loves Low moor VA, must read!

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by Rhetoric-Rocket, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Rhetoric-Rocket

Rhetoric-Rocket Bobtail Member

Aug 18, 2018
    Providence Rhode Island
    so I stopped at the new loves in Low moor VA OFF 64 , exit 121....aside from the incredible view...you can access the Jackson river 20 feet behind your truck and do some trout fishing!...across the street walking distance is 2 restaurants...a fairly priced diner on the left that makes everything fresh...and on the right the the Cat & Owl restaurant....now this place is not cheap but if your like me I spend for quality and don’t eat crap in truck stops! So here’s the kicker...if you call over there and ask for Bruce (the owner) he will drive to loves pick you up and deliver two and from this outstanding 47 year old seafood steak joint.....The food...was incredible!!! Don’t miss the chance to eat at this incredible restaurant!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Sounds cool, I'll have to check that out next time I go that way.....I'm always down for a nice steak

laaylor Thanks this.
  4. silverspur

silverspur Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Loves deserves truck stop chain of the year for all the new ones they are building with the bigger lots.

5. SteerTire

SteerTire Road Train Member

Nov 5, 2018
    Behind the wheel
    They’re also improving some of the older ones. Buying additional land for parking. I’m parked in one now that has at least doubled they’re available parking.

New/OldSchoolTrucker89 Thanks this.
  6. silverspur

silverspur Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2012
    The Interstate Bourdain just added Lowmoor to his little black book of "must eat" places.

There's a joint called Meatballs Etc in Jessup Maryland within walking distance of the TA which has very good food. An extra added bonus is that it's right across the parking lot from MOMS market that has a lot of ready to eat organic food to go.

7. sdaniel

sdaniel Road Train Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Pelham N.C.
    They opened a new location in Reidsville NC . Barnes St exit on US 29 . Stopped in there this afternoon, nice place , from my quick visit .

New/OldSchoolTrucker89 Thanks this.
  8. jammer910Z

jammer910Z Road Train Member

May 28, 2015
    They'll fence that river access off soon.
    There will be used tires, pallets, mini fridges, bags of trash, etc.. thrown everywhere.

I hope not.

But, I know the heathens we work with.
    We can't have anything nice.

9. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Thank you jammer for saying it for me ...you forgot urine bottles and dog poo tho. Lol

10. Snakeschasingcars

Snakeschasingcars Heavy Load Member

Mar 22, 2018
    Thats not dog poo

11. sealevel

sealevel Road Train Member

May 31, 2012
    U.S. 41
    Nothing and I mean nothing SHOULD be considered within walking distance of the TA in Jessup. Not even the fuel desk.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.