New loves truck stop in williams ca

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by Demonrogue, Feb 3, 2019.

1. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    I'm parked at the phoenix oregon TA now, What a dump.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Triple Digit Bullhauler

Triple Digit Bullhauler Heavy Load Member

Sep 6, 2012
    001 anywhere USA
    Yes we will. Because we do not want our truck hoods taken off by those two week wonder, steering wheel holders who never paid attention in class to how to get in or out of parking space without wrecking someone else's ****.

Rubber duck kw Thanks this.
  4. TIMPTE 527

TIMPTE 527 Medium Load Member

May 28, 2018
    What's wrong with that place? :dontknow:

5. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    Nothing really, I just dont like TA's. They're like the Detroit of truck stops.

6. TIMPTE 527

May 28, 2018
    Come on man I know your bitter and been out here longer than probably I've been alive but at least let the place open up and see what it is before you go and trash it. the one they opened in Boardman Oregon is huge I never go to Loves but at least they're building places to buy Fuel and if they have the room big parking lots.

7. TIMPTE 527

May 28, 2018
    :oops:

8. Triple Digit Bullhauler

Sep 6, 2012
    001 anywhere USA
    You are probably correct. I have been out here a long, long time. I have been here, done that, have the t-shirt, scars, and headaches to prove it. The issue is that Loves, and Pilots are building travel plazas all over, but neglecting the main point to the parking issue of today's drivers. They are still small areas, where inexperienced, lack of proficient training, and so forth. I have seen so many drivers create accidents in every size of truck stop, due to the above mentioned conditions. The small lots of pilot's, and Loves only add to the accident, insurance, and headaches. If there is a parking issue in our industry, one should be thinking bigger as it pertains to a truck stop (travel plaza). Look at Oak Grove, MO Petro, Grand Island,NE Bosselmans, Joplin,Mo Petro, Iowa 80 in Walcott, IA. This would create more spaces for trucks, with ELD's you drivers should now have more time to sit down and eat a real meal, shower, and so forth. Bring back the restaurants in truck stops, and do away with the many unhealthy, heartburn making, crap fast food in every travel plaza you see. The truck stops can revamp their menus with a variety of foods both country style, healthy, to appease all drivers, and travelling public. This benefits the drivers, public, and the bottom line of the truck stop owners monetarily. Having amenities for the drivers who are the backbone of their existence. Real truck stores, convenient stores with things drivers need and want, television rooms, real game rooms, C.B sales and repair shops, barber shops, medical doctors, and such. Or we can go back to the old days of truck stops (before travel plaza ) was ever thought of. Where drivers sat around and would B.S about the industry, their trucks, loads, and shippers/receivers.

9. Triple Digit Bullhauler

Sep 6, 2012
    001 anywhere USA
    When Cabover trucks rained supreme, CB terminology meant something good, sleeper were small, technology did not exist, scale houses were no bigger than an outhouse, and so forth.

10. otterinthewater

otterinthewater Road Train Member

May 10, 2018
    Santa Barbara, Ca
    I won’t complain about more parking availability in a new TS on a lane I run.

They can decide where to put them and how they’re configured. I can decide to stop...but with the constant chatter about a lack of parking it feels a little disingenuous to say I won’t go there because I want parking like I want it, or like it was in the old days. I’ll say thank you, check it out and if I like it they’ll get some of money. If not...I’ll go elsewhere.

TB John Thanks this.
  11. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    I've never been a big fan of Loves and like the Pilot even less. But Loves has been adding stops at a rate that has been adding around 3000 truck parking spaces a year for at least the last two years. PFJ and TA/Petro combined aren't coming anywhere close to that.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.