New O/O With Banking Question

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by LillyLoo, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Look ignore my advice if you want but you hire an accountant (you do not need a "trucking" accountant but one that knows what they are doing), you have them setup everything you need with your ledger, let them get your structure set up (llc, corp) and then you have them teach you the basics based on your needs as part of the deal you make to set it up.

Then after you get used to putting the right numbers in the right columns for a while, if you want to get some more learning done to see what else you can do, go find some courses to take.

See you're a one truck operation, not complicated and any accountant worth a crap can spend two hours with you to set up everything and teach you everything you need to know.

By the way you are making all of this so complicated, simplify it all makes your life a lot easier.

Bean Jr. and Accidental Trucker Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LillyLoo

LillyLoo Light Load Member

Jun 29, 2018
    I have an appt with an accountant tomorrow. A free 30 min consultation. What are some questions I should ask and what answers should I be looking for?

I definitely want to see if he'll help me set up my quick books.

4. LillyLoo

LillyLoo Light Load Member

Jun 29, 2018
    Ty for the accountant advice. Got a free consultation. Asked a lot of good questions. Very productive.

5. wheres da $$$

wheres da $$$ Bobtail Member

Dec 8, 2016
    Hey sorry to bud in....I'm thinking of getting starring one of these days I'm going g to get my own truck but I'm taking me time I was thinking of getting a business name at least started bc I'm a 1099 employee...they really do make u pay for more taxes even if it's just u...or was it a mix up

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.