New owner torn on a new truck.

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Arctic_fox, Jan 22, 2021.

1. OldeSkool

OldeSkool Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2018
    Arkansas
    I have never in my life heard of anyone having the adversity you have fought through to make it work. Any new owner operator should read this thread and think very seriously about it. I’ve owned my own trucks for several years and I believe all this in a year would have made me fold. It’s just unbelievable for a new guy. You are amazing and I truly hope the worst is over for you.

Vampire, JoeyJunk and Siinman Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. leviant0107

leviant0107 Medium Load Member

Oct 24, 2021
    Detroit, MI
    I have nothing but utter applause for you sir, keep the wheels turning

Vampire, JoeyJunk and OldeSkool Thank this.
  4. bigguns

bigguns Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2013
    Omega,GA
    This is moot but I’m curious. Do you happen to have a picture of the load while the trailer is on its side? What make trailer was it?

5. Arctic_fox

Arctic_fox Experienced mx13 execrator

Sep 16, 2016
    Yup sorry for being late i had to find it and it was a salvaged mac, why?

20211103_081802.jpg

Also another update. I blew my #### turbo today. Was going up a hill and it started barking, lost all power and pouring black oily smoke. So ill tell you how that turned out.

6. Siinman

Siinman Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2017
    Kansas City, MO.
    OUCH man it is time for a new truck?

Vampire and JoeyJunk Thank this.
  7. Arctic_fox

Sep 16, 2016
    It was time for a new truck when i bought this one honestly.....but we will see what broke THIS time when i get it into the shop. Im hopeing its just an actuator or some left over wreck damage say cracking a pipe or something. On the bright side i have enough cash on hand to buy both the turbo and actuator. Can rebuild the whole thing if i dont mind useing a remanufactured part(s) with a 1 year on it.

Vampire, JoeyJunk and Siinman Thank this.
  8. Siinman

Siinman Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2017
    Kansas City, MO.
    At least you are up right now. Hopefully just the actuator and can get it knocked out quick, I assume no part shortage for that stuff and if so could rebuild real easy.

Vampire and JoeyJunk Thank this.
  9. Arctic_fox

Sep 16, 2016
    Not sure on them to be honest. But worse case a friend over in chile already looked at the local pete dealer and he can have me parts in 5 days as a worst case. Can also use aftermarket parts from rush or JX that are supposed to be just as good for half the price. They have it on the tester now so we will see whats what in a couple hours.

10. Arctic_fox

Sep 16, 2016
    Looks like its not the turbo, its a combination of 2 dead batterys and 2 marginal ones then fried egr valve. So not that big a deal thankfully. Should have the truck up and running by end of day barring anything unexpected being found

Vampire, JoeyJunk, bigguns and 3 others Thank this.
  11. OldeSkool

OldeSkool Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2018
    Arkansas
    Two things I would say that have been proven by all this trouble. One, you have a good trucking gig going on if you have had that much trouble and still able to keep going. And two, you know how to manage money very well. If you can get over this hurdle, you will do very well.

jdiesel3406, Vampire, JoeyJunk and 2 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.