New owners Tenaris

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by jimjam38, Sep 13, 2017.

1. jimjam38

jimjam38 Medium Load Member

Nov 6, 2011
    chickasha, oklahoma
    So anyway, the outfit I work for was purchased by another company. As drivers we have seen this happen and had it happen. Tenaris

(You flatbedders have probably hauled out of one of their facilities)

This is the company's site and by no means am I trying to recruit I just wanted to give you guys a reference, because although we are sometimes treated like dumb old truck drivers, something isn't smelling right in the state of Denmark. According to the wiki on them they were founded in 2011 however I found on another page where the main company was founded in 1909. Here's where it starts smelling fishy. This is their first venture into trucking. A global company over 100 years old has just now decided they want to have their own fleet of trucks, ok I might give them that, however, our current company was split into two sides, the trucks and the pipeyard. I have suspicions they mainly wanted it for the pipeyard (we also store a lot of their pipe there) but the deal was for both. On the trucking side we have a rail spur for offloading line pipe, my suspicions are they wanted the spur and buying the whole kit and kaboodle was the only way to get it. Since they have come in, drivers have been informed no raise and loss of paid holidays (hourly and salaried got to keep them plus two more added) also, the brass has made it clear they don't want to talk to any drivers. Now a company just breaking in to trucking, wouldn't you think they would want to listen to the main component of a trucking company? I posted this here to get thoughts and opinions from fellow drivers who may have some insight.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Barrhntr

Barrhntr Bobtail Member

Jan 18, 2015
    Zephyrhills, Fl.
    Been down this road in another industry. Company X buys company Y and then treats longtime company Y employees like they know nothing. " Don't know how you people kept the doors open all these years ". I say start looking for the exit before they show it to you in a not so nice way.

4. jimjam38

jimjam38 Medium Load Member

Nov 6, 2011
    chickasha, oklahoma

A few of us that have driven otr with other companies who have seen this are expecting it. All employees both truck and pipeyard side get a $2000 "welcome" bonus but it's six months after the first of this month. Some of us drivers suspect there won't be that many drivers left after six months.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.