NEW PETERBILTS..CAN'T SEE OUT OF THE MIRRORS

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by GwenP, May 1, 2019.

1. DenBob

DenBob Light Load Member

Feb 19, 2018
    I've got a real easy fix for that one.

speedyk and Flat Earth Trucker Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BUMBACLADWAR

BUMBACLADWAR Road Train Member

Dec 5, 2013
    Years ago I remember my company Freight Shaker was in the shop...was excited to pu a new Kenworth...this rig had everything...compartments for storage...diamond tuck interior...even what appeared to be leather inlays in the dash.The excitement "Quickly faded" when I climbed in the saddle.Couldnt "see out" like you say...Couldnt get the seat right..Had a curved back seat...felt like a mountain lion...ready to pounce out of a tree...chopped roof...split windshield.Not to mention...Big arse chrome smoke stacks...Blocking rear view.Was Glad to get back in the ole Freightshaker. Lol

hotrod1653, GwenP and speedyk Thank this.
  4. QuietStorm

QuietStorm Heavy Load Member

Dec 11, 2016
    I run flat on the floor and as far back as my legs will reach, but I'm also six and a half feet tall.

It's not my fault the new trucks have a sign that says "you must be this tall to look cool". You're a professional, adapt to your equipment.

Bean Jr., Humblepie and Cattleman84 Thank this.
  5. speedyk

speedyk Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2015
    Yup, then the mirrors gotta be swung way out to clear. I'll take a modest practical exhaust any day.

6. GwenP

GwenP Bobtail Member

Oct 27, 2014
    I think so. I cannot see my tires at all or the bottom portion of the cargo box.

7. GwenP

GwenP Bobtail Member

Oct 27, 2014
    There are no slots, its bolted through.

8. GwenP

GwenP Bobtail Member

Oct 27, 2014
    I will. I am seeing these model trucks being delivered to other companies in town, and I wondered if anyone else is experiencing these issues, however the other companies are getting tractors rather than straight trucks. IDK if it is a different configuration.

9. GwenP

GwenP Bobtail Member

Oct 27, 2014

Yeah, what we need is for the mirror to pull in from the top. My old truck, which I am still driving, is a 2008 International. Mirrors adjust 4 ways, you can see everything. That was my first thought, that non-drivers designed these. I can't believe that our fleet manager did not vet this. Could have been dealt with at the factory easier than post delivery.

BUMBACLADWAR Thanks this.
  10. GwenP

GwenP Bobtail Member

Oct 27, 2014
    It is hard to believe that we are the only ones with this issue. Every truck I have driven in the last 15 years I have been able to adjust the mirrors to my line of sight.

11. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Don’t forget the need to cut a hole in the roof to accommodate a shifter of proper height. :biggrin_25523:

Cattleman84 and Cardfan89 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.