new school for a friend

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Lazy, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Lazy

Lazy Light Load Member

Jun 26, 2018
    a security guard at wayfair i regularly see asked me about trucking options cuz he want to get into it being sick of security guard work. He cant afford a school and wanted to know about trucking companies that will teach, and hire him like mega carriers like swift does without having to pay that large amount at once.

The only places I do know that does that are mega carriers and I told him i dont recommend that but is an option. Not to intentionally make fun of swift but ive talked to one of their ex drivers that did their school program, and after 3k+ miles a week his pay checks were only coming to about the 300$ area and he showed me his pay stubs to prove it.

He doesnt want otr/regional becuase he just think he would like that, especially with a kid coming soon. I promised him i would ask around and look about a place that will hire him right out of school local only but thats going to be hard af... You cant be making 300$ a week with a new born and idk how good the places are that promises you your school reimbursement upon hire. defintely not as a local driver i would assume.

idk where he lives but he a guard at wayfair in cranbury NJ so if anyone has ideas of place that fits this, i'll be sure to let him know

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    He's a low wage earner, so the state will pay for private cdl school.
    Tell him to check with the local cdl schools or tech schools or community college schools that offer cdl training and ask about the state programs.
    I'll check through my notes and see what else I can find.
    Make sure he can pass a hair follicle and urine drug test.

4. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Here's one and if he gets an interview he'll need to really be impressive during the interview and in personal appearance.
    Martin-Brower - Edison, NJ
    General Requirements to Enter and Complete Entry Level Driver Training
    Must have valid commercial driver’s license OR learner permit to operate a CMV and agree to satisfactorily complete the Company Entry Level Driver Training program outlined herein.
    Click -> Apply On Company Site
    [​IMG]. upload_2019-12-9_16-33-39.jpeg

5. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Here's a good one if he completes an acceptable cdl school and has all required endorsements:
    Superior-Carriers - Paterson, NJ - $80K - $85K per year
    Accepting Entry Level Drivers and New CDL School Graduates*.
    Click -> Apply On Company Site
    [​IMG]

6. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Sheehan Family Companies - Whitehouse Station, NJ
    Will train qualified candidates to get their CDL B license.
    Also has CDL-A jobs for new cdl school grads.
    This is a union job.
    www.unionbeerjobs.com
    This company has locations all over New Jersey.
    [​IMG]. upload_2019-12-9_16-53-42.jpeg

7. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    With a kid coming soon, a local work will get him out of that Gaurdshack and keep him able to help the wife with the baby way better.

Lazy and Chinatown Thank this.
  8. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Swift Refrigerated - New Trainee Pay Package
    https://driveswiftreefer.com
    Earn Your Permit and CDL With No Upfront Costs and Job Placement. Apply Now!
    Permit Classes Included · Classes Start Weekly · No Employment Contracts · Weekly Pay
    Amenities: No Interest Financing, No Credit Checks, Class A Permit Classes
    Yeah, Swift gets some bad press, but many drivers knock down a grand a week on those dedicated accounts.
    upload_2019-12-9_16-57-4.jpeg .[​IMG]

9. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Prime Inc. has northeast regional tanker jobs and cdl-a training.
    Prime's tanker division is food grade; not hazmat.
    [​IMG]
    Driver Training Program - Prime, Inc.
    https://www.primeinc.com/drive-for-prime/driver-training-program
    Before heading to orientation for the Prime Training Program, you will need to obtain your Commercial Learner’s Permit (CLP). Our training program will help you earn your Class A CDL, but first, you will need to obtain your permit on your own in your home state.

10. Lazy

Lazy Light Load Member

Jun 26, 2018
    i will show him this link next time i see him, thanks for the research, i might even look into one of those tanker spots, im tired of dry van work, always interested in tanker

Chinatown Thanks this.
  11. Lazy

Lazy Light Load Member

Jun 26, 2018
    theres no way in good conscious i can recommend anyone going to swift after seeing that mans pay lol

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.