New start at Superior Carriers

Discussion in 'Superior Carriers' started by Arpoc, Feb 17, 2015.

1. Jbond

Jbond Light Load Member

Feb 24, 2015
    Glad to hear you got your job back. I ran into some road blocks wish you the best. Are you going to keep us up to date on your experience with Superior ?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Campitor

Campitor Light Load Member

Dec 30, 2014
    Pittsburgh, PA
    my uncle drives out of the Karns City terminal now for about 5 years. They've always treated him good and he's very happy there.

Jbond and wsyrob Thank this.
  4. Jbond

Jbond Light Load Member

Feb 24, 2015
    Arpoc whats up, keeping you running?

5. Arpoc

Arpoc Bobtail Member

Jun 6, 2014
    Yep. Sitting at a Walmart in Massena, NY waiting to deliver this load of transformer oil to a sub station just down the road at 10:00. Then it's back to Karns City for a Monday load headed for Somerville, TN.

6. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    Those sub stations can be interesting.

Had to back in off the road for one then serpentine around a bunch of equipment before blindsiding onto a plastic containment pad they had set up. Had to have a guy with a fork lift move stuff around that was in the way as I went. Had about 3 guys spotting though so that was good. One of them told me "Be careful of those lines next to the pad, they are live and 80,000 volts"

Had another one where as soon as I dropped the trailer I was stuck in loose gravel. They pulled me out with a bulldozer and reworked the gravel for the next day when I had to come get the empty.

7. Jbond

Jbond Light Load Member

Feb 24, 2015
    the superior thread has been quiet the last couple months, what up with that, new company policy? Arpoc you still happy there?

8. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    Company policy is pretty much the same as it has been. Just tell the truth and don't post negative stuff about customers.

I personally haven't been on as much because I run the same out and back loads over and over and its pretty boring to post about. I consider myself "semi-retired" meaning I ask for a lot of weekends off and am perfectly content to run 1 3 day load a week. That's what I will do this week after a 4.5 day Labor Day weekend.

I did run good last week though. 3,000 miles Sunday to Friday sleeping in the truck 4 nights and through the house Tuesday night to take my wife out to dinner for our 31st wedding anniversary. Its football season now and I don't plan on missing any Carolina Panther home games except for the Monday nighter against the Colts.

9. Jbond

Jbond Light Load Member

Feb 24, 2015
    You still with Supreior?

10. 59EX

59EX Medium Load Member

Jun 27, 2015
    I applied with superior last week, haven't heard from anybody. I have 6 months experience. Should I bother calling them? I figured they didn't call me because lack of experience. Now I see here they hire out of school? Im I'm Atlanta btw. TIA.

11. Arpoc

Arpoc Bobtail Member

Jun 6, 2014
    Call the terminal manager of the yard you're planning on working out of directly. Or, better yet, go and see him in person. The TM's do all the hiring directly. As long as you have a good driving record and live within 1.5 hours of the terminal you should be good to go. Good luck, they're a great company.

Jbond and 59EX Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.