New Texas Truck Stop near Tyler???? Help..

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by highirish, Dec 8, 2008.

1. highirish

highirish Light Load Member

Jul 26, 2007
    Paducah, KY
    3-4 months ago I was on I20 and stopped at a new truckstop that had a bbq joint and a jerkyshop in it..I know its near tyler maybe just a mile or two east on I20 and looks like a logcabin. I want to have them ship me some jerky for christmas presents but cant remember name to find a phone number. Anyone have any info??

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lilbit

Lilbit Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Let me check my logbook
    Well, in my truck stop guide, there is one listed at the 540 at Van called the 'Running W', at the 548 at Lindale there is one called the 'Oasis', and at Tyler there are two - the 'Diamond Shamrock' at the 556, ad the 567 there is a 'Wilco'. Unfortunately, the guide I have doesn't list any phone numbers or anything that I could PM you, but you could try googling those facilities and see what you come up with.

4. highirish

Jul 26, 2007
    Paducah, KY
    lilbit thx for the help.. I tried both the 2008 truck stop directory guide and the 2008 The next exit guide..neither listed this place. Its brand spankin new..cant find it on google either. I think it was called Texas Smokehouse or something similar..

5. Lilbit

Lilbit Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Let me check my logbook
    Maybe try the yellow pages type websites then. I think they may be a bit more up-to-date than the guides and stuff.

6. Ducks

Ducks "Token Four-Wheeler"

Jan 1, 2007
    Southeastern Pennsylvania
    There are four Texas Best Smokehouse places in Texas -- two in Italy and two in Midlothian. I wonder if this is the chain... and if so you can find the numbers in the hotsheet yellow pages for one store and they'd be able to connect you to the new place.

Lilbit and highirish Thank this.
  7. highirish

Jul 26, 2007
    Paducah, KY
    I was wondering the same thing so I called the Texas Best Smokehouse in Italy and the girl on the phone said that they didnt have one in or near Tyler but she didnt sound very confident..maybe I should call back. I cant believe I cant find any reference to it on Google!

Last edited: Dec 8, 2008
  8. rookietrucker

rookietrucker Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jul 15, 2007
    TEXAS
    Don't know of the establishment your talking about. I can only offer a couple of places it might be. These are bbq chains in Texas.

Dickey's BBQ

Mikesha BBQ

Bill's

Rudy's

Throw this into google and see if one of these are what your looking for> bbq restaurants in tyler texas

9. joker254k

joker254k Bobtail Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Tyler,Tx.
    I believe the truck stop you are talking about is on hwy 271 not sure what it is called but I can find out for you

Ducks Thanks this.
  10. mtdewr

mtdewr Light Load Member

Jul 15, 2006
    on the road again
    I know the place you are talking about but I cant remember the name either. I've wanted to stop there since fuel island at the Loves in Van is always packed. I hope someone figures this out with exit number...great info to know. How was the BBQ?

11. joker254k

joker254k Bobtail Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Tyler,Tx.
    the exit number for that truck stop is 571-a

mtdewr Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.