new to forum

Discussion in 'Interstate' started by hwyangel, Jul 29, 2007.

1. hwyangel

hwyangel Bobtail Member

Jun 30, 2007
    southwest oregon
    hi am new to forum. just getting a feel for it.

Hello everyone. My name is Maggie. I live in the Pacific NW. I am a rookie driver. Only been driving since 2001. Nice to find a site I can chat with other drivers.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BigDaddyJollyRob

BigDaddyJollyRob <strong>"El Oso"</strong>

Nov 10, 2007
    WARWICK,RI
  4. hkbravo34

hkbravo34 Bobtail Member

Oct 23, 2007
    clarksville, tn
    any reason you would post your welaome here?? do you work for them ?? lol

5. hkbravo34

hkbravo34 Bobtail Member

Oct 23, 2007
    clarksville, tn
    oh, and welcome to the forums.. blast away long stories about your past driving experiences:biggrin_25523:

6. CURTIS C

CURTIS C Bobtail Member

Dec 15, 2007
    alma, ar
    My wife and myself are scheduled to start with IDC on 1/14/07, we're really rookies and are looking forward too and opprehinsive also # the trucking life. Looks like theres good $ running teams. I researched for hours and IDC is only 1 of three companies out there that I found that will train us together. Have a good one!:biggrin_2551:

7. LaPurr

LaPurr Light Load Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    Train you together? Interesting

Any updates on how things are going for you?

8. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear Bobtail Member

Apr 14, 2008
    Hopkinsville, KY
    Well I am a Solo Driver for IDC. I can tell you that as far as taking care of the Driver, they are as close to #1 and I can find. They have their issues just like any other company. But for the most part are a top notch group.

They trained (past tense) teams together because that is the way they would run. They needed to get used to being with each other and trusting each other behind the wheel.

They no longer take trainees. Matter of fact, you now have to have atleast 3 years experience to get hired on.(That is the way it used to be) And atleast 1 year at last job. They do not like turn over in drivers. Was too costly to be a training company, when the trainees cost you 2.5 million in accident claims in 1st 2 real weeks of winter driving.:biggrin_25513:

9. honor roll

honor roll Road Train Member

Mar 7, 2008
    NW OHIO
    Welcome to the forum

10. Skip54

Skip54 Bobtail Member

May 1, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Agree with you they take care of the drivers. But all depend on the fleet manager. Fleet manager can make thing easy or hard. Wish IDC have more fleet manager with OTR experiences.

11. SCUBA_Guy

SCUBA_Guy Light Load Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Richland, WA
    I am happy to say that I start with IDC on 23.02.09 out of Tacoma. I'm really looking forward to it. Seems they will take a person with only two years experience, so that might have changed. I was with Swift for two years and had finally had enough! I was thinking of doing the refer fleet as I have about a year and a bit experience driving those, but I'm still not sure I want to do that. Hope to meet up with you Yogi and Hwy. Best wishes to you and stay safe.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.