new to j.b.hunt

Discussion in 'JB Hunt' started by Erick chapel, Aug 24, 2011.

1. ewill71

ewill71 Heavy Load Member

Oct 3, 2011
    mcgregor tx
    he is a recruiter for crete, He doesn't know what he is talking about.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ruckie

Ruckie Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2011
    Bloom field,nj
    what is he smoking so i can get on it too?!
    dude i was a driver for werner enterprises for a year and change then i switched over,to jb intermodal when i called to do a lease to purchase and they offered me intermodal since i have ran the nyc,pa,nj and ct area all my short career. so yeah im not a i will probably post one of my pay sheets soon

4. Ruckie

Ruckie Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2011
    Bloom field,nj
    if crete can match my average pay i would think about switching

5. Polky55

Polky55 Light Load Member

Jun 2, 2010
    Galion, OH
    'Spring Chicken'...I've been with JB for 7 years now. My only advise to you on orientation is: pay attention in class, it may be hard to do, 'cause some of the stuff is boring....yet helpful. Once you get on the road...take any and all loads that are assigned to you (just to keep your FM happy). Send in a daily 'safety message' (may sound silly to some), but it will also keep your FM happy. As an OTR driver, the miles will be there.....only if you are willing to do the work. Keep a positive and open mind going in. Try to remembered that there WILL be some bumps along the way, but ALL jobs have their bumps in the road. Good luck and welcome to the JB Hunt family.

ewill71 Thanks this.
  6. MicksRule

MicksRule Medium Load Member

Dec 20, 2009
    Apple Valley, CA
    To add to Polky55's advice, I had a friend of mine that worked otr at JB a couple years ago from the East coast. I'm sure he'd tell you if you're ever told freight is slow, tell your manager (yell nicely if you need to) to put you on a DCS account or intermodal until freight picks up. Someone seems to always need help if you're willing to make money.

7. Wicked Wizard

Wicked Wizard Heavy Load Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Northeast PA
    Good advice right there.

8. ewill71

Oct 3, 2011
    mcgregor tx
    if your not a good worker you can yell all you want, that's why I tell people if your willing to work its good money, They will let you help on DCS but if your a slacker, might be tough.

king Q Thanks this.
  9. king Q

king Q Road Train Member

Jul 26, 2010
    Johannesburg sa
    That's how life works.
    You just have to be patient but after time people notice who is there to be part of the solution as apposed to those just trying to get maximum for minimum in return.

ewill71 Thanks this.
  10. ewill71

Oct 3, 2011
    mcgregor tx
    isn't it funny that its the way life works... Hmmmm...some people need to see this.

muledriver Thanks this.
  11. MicksRule

MicksRule Medium Load Member

Dec 20, 2009
    Apple Valley, CA
    My buddy did receive driver of the month right after he gave his notice. He never had anything bad to say. He went to work for another company with really good pay, bennies, home every weekend, etc. They can't seem to keep enough guys that want to work and teams are a requirement there for most routes. I almost went there myself, but my daughter talked me out of moving across country (kind of a long story). It worked out for me, though. JB called me back the day after I quit (another long story because all I did was orientation the week before) and here I am. I have no regrets here. Thought this week was gonna be really bad, turned out still above their advertised average. Imagine that. Work and get paid, except today was really long.

ewill71 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.