New to the business, need help growing it.

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Treygibson, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Treygibson

Treygibson Bobtail Member

Oct 23, 2017
    I have 3 bob tails, dodge 3500 with a flatbed trailer, working on getting a tractor trailer. Any forums/websites anyone can point me to the kind of work I can get done with the type of equipment I have? At the moment I cover from sacramento, CA to Elko,NV. With that type of distance I feel like companies would love the opportunity to use me to deliver their freight. Just having a hard time making those connections. If anyone can help me out that would be great. Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. luckystar

luckystar Light Load Member

Aug 1, 2017
    What are you calling bob tails? Your 1 ton dodge trucks? Do you have your own authority? Your working on getting a tractor and trailer because you can't keep the hotshots busy?

4. Treygibson

Oct 23, 2017
    So I have the box trucks (bobtails) for 3 dedicated routes to deliver 5 days a week. Have those going 5 days a week. I just cover so much space with those I feel like I can add to those routes and even make more. With the truck I do usually local LTL when I can find it. I'm based out of reno,NV. I've stayed busy and kept it going this way for the past year. Growing more is the issue, also want the tractor trailer for bigger loads my 3500 can't handle.

5. Treygibson

Oct 23, 2017
    ^ not sure if it notified you I replied (New to the site)

6. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    www.OOIDA.com is a business website for the owner-operator and small fleet owner. Your questions can be answered there.

7. ReeferOhio

ReeferOhio Medium Load Member

Nov 29, 2010
    Ohio
    You're on a forum full of some very good information. It's trucking not rocket science. Pick up the phone, or go be a salesman. You shouldn't have to come on here to figure that out.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.