New to truckersreport.co. need advice

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Bernar2605, May 5, 2013.

1. Bernar2605

Bernar2605 Bobtail Member

May 5, 2013
    Albany ga
    I been thinking about becoming an o/o I've been researching on the lease purchase program and I'm only seeing bad reviews about it and I wanted to know if there is any good company out there that will help me to become successful while in the lease purchase program or all of them not worth even looking up but if tyere is can someone suggest some so I can research them

Thanks TR NATION

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Welcome to the forum.Are you new to trucking?You sound like it and I would suggest getting exp before taking such a leap into becoming an O/O.

4. MNdriver

MNdriver Road Train Member

Feb 24, 2012
  5. Bernar2605

Bernar2605 Bobtail Member

May 5, 2013
    Albany ga
    I do have experience I'm just tired of getting screwed by trucking companies as a company you know what imean?

pattyj Thanks this.
  6. Down the road

Down the road Light Load Member

Nov 19, 2012
    If you want to be an O/O..............save your money and BUY a truck.

Lease programs only benefit the company. All your hard work will only add to the equity the company holds in the truck,there will be no equity in it for you.

Imagine having an investment portfolio which you worked hard to build that someone else collects the dividends on.

Stay away from lease purchase......there is no "purchase" only "lease".

landstar8891 and RickG Thank this.
  7. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    yes I know exactly what you mean all too well.

8. tkstucker

tkstucker Bobtail Member

May 6, 2013
    U will only be a pawn for the company. I don't know of any that ended up owning the truck in the end. They will hit with the balloon payment that most didn't save for or they will run out of loads once the truck is about paid for. Also if you get upset with company for whatever reason and decide to leave truck stays. cause in the lease it will state u cant haul for anyone but them. I agree with other poster. save your money and buy yourself a truck or look at financing options other than that of a lease purchase. hope this helps and good luck

9. jpopalong

jpopalong Bobtail Member

May 6, 2013
    mobile,al
    hey guys, Im kinda new here, but I need some advice..My brother is owner/operator who has fallen on hard times due to his truck breaking down and him not having the resources to fix it with. I am considering creating a new company and buying a good used truck. He is already driving the company truck he works for to keep a job but its not the money that he was making with his. My question is should I invest 30k in a truck, create the business and let him just drive. he has been driving at least 25 years and well experienced. I havent mention this to him, Im just doing research before we discuss it. last year he made 100k driving his t ruck before it went down. repairs are nearly 8k which he doesnt have the credit or cash to do..so is this a good idea or should i stay out of it? thanks in advance for the advice

10. skateboardman

skateboardman Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2012
    flatbed heaven
    why hadn't he saved any money, find that out first and you handle the money

11. jpopalong

jpopalong Bobtail Member

May 6, 2013
    mobile,al
    he's divorced, three kids, child support and 3 kids in college, for starters

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.