New to trucking. Already looking for a new job.

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by siriusre, Jan 10, 2010.

1. siriusre

siriusre Bobtail Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Chelsea, AL
    Hey Everyone,

Love the forum. This is really is great that you guys provide this service.

Anyways, I graduated CDI in Oxford, AL on 9/11/09, went to Arrow October 7th for orientation week, spent a week at the hotel waiting for a trainer, finally took the bus to Des Moines and met up with my trainer (He was great! 14yrs with Arrow!), drove with him 4wks (actually 5wks with one wk of down time, truck in shop etc.), tested out and drove solo for four weeks. Then, as everyone knows.. Arrow closed Dec. 22nd.

I was loving trucking until my fuel card didn't work at my fuel stop. Hope to get another good trucking job soon. I just have to start over and go through another company's training program.. again.

Trying to get on with Maverick. My only hold-up with them is that my mailing address out of their hiring area, while my physical location is in their hiring area. (Area grew too fast and post office couldn't handle it, so they bled off new neighborhoods to the rural post office 12 miles out in the country.)

Wish me luck.
    -Siriusre

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Baack

Baack Road Train Member

May 24, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Hi, siriusre, Welcome to our Truckers Forum! We hope you enjoy your stay and please read our RULES. We hope to help you and get to know you soon! Thanks, siriusre!

siriusre, do you have a question about how to do something? Try our FAQ section or you can PM me or a Moderator (50 posts not required to PM a Mod) to ask a question! Also, you can read through our Truckers Forum Information Center!

simplyred1962 Thanks this.
  4. JustSonny

JustSonny Big Dummy

Oct 22, 2009
    Troutman NC
    Welcome Siriusre! You got crushed in the Arrow debacle but you still have your head up - good for you! You'll be fine!

Baack, simplyred1962 and Diesel_Smurf Thank this.
  5. siriusre

siriusre Bobtail Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Chelsea, AL
    Thanks Oldnewbiegonnabe. Didn't start down this road for nothin'.:Transportation cost

JustSonny and simplyred1962 Thank this.
  6. rookietrucker

rookietrucker Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jul 15, 2007
    TEXAS
    This is from the thread post #44>> Members offering help to Arrow drivers

More here>> Calls Pour In From Companies Hoping To Help, Hire Arrow Trucking Workers

Welcome to the truckers report, Sorry to hear about this but I hope this helps you in your search for employment.
    RT

7. siriusre

siriusre Bobtail Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Chelsea, AL
    Hey thanks, RT!

I've tried with quite a few of those. Trying for Maverick to stay in Flatbed. If not, I will take a stab at Watkins Shepard. I shouldn't have to ride with a trainer (again) with them. That's a great list and thanks for Arrow help link too!

I sure hope I don't have to fall back on the standing offer from Werner. If I do, I hope the recruiter isn't lying about $600-$800wk in their Eastern Regional fleet.

8. Diesel_Smurf

Diesel_Smurf ~Trucker's Wife~

Dec 18, 2009
    Georgia
    Hi Siriusre, Nice to have you here. Welcome to the forum. Sure hope you can get on with a good company here soon hun. My hubby is in orientation now at SRT. He says there are quite a few Arrow drivers there now in orientation with him. Much much luck to you, and be safe.

[​IMG]

siriusre and JustSonny Thank this.
  9. soon2betrucking

soon2betrucking Road Train Member

Sep 28, 2007
    Philadelphia, Pa
    Siriusre watkins shepard no longer has flatbed for company drivers, they went all O/O on the flatbed side just before the holidays, vans are still running strong...
    if flatbed is what u are really looking for then youll find someone to get on with, crappy tho that ull be with a trainer tho...
    best of luck, and do all of here a fav and keep us updated as where you end up, your information could very well help other, and specialy other arrow drivers as many of them post/read here, or at least have contacts on this thread keepin an eye out for new flatbedding jobs

best of luck to you!

siriusre, JustSonny and pinballwizard Thank this.
  10. pinballwizard

pinballwizard Light Load Member

Jan 4, 2010
    s.w.georgia
    wow! what a great attitude! good luck to ya,siriusre

siriusre Thanks this.
  11. jtrnr1951

jtrnr1951 Road Train Member

SIRIUSRE,

BEST OF LUCK !!!!!!

You're gonna do fine, Driver !!

siriusre Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.