new to trucking and got the shaft.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by capital 48, Dec 16, 2008.

1. capital 48

capital 48 Light Load Member

Dec 16, 2008
    MI

what you say is true. this was no longer about good or bad it turned to
    mis quoted statments and having things read into statments that were not said by me that was all I was trying to get across to the people.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. coastie

coastie Road Train Member

Ok Capital, here what I seen of your argument against USA Truck.

Is USA at Fault? No not really. Why?

1. You did not follow instructions. before you were assign your first truck, you was instructed to check it fully. It apparent you did not. By your own words or statement you are a Professional tech and should known if the truck was in running order or not.

2. You Failed to communicate to get the truck fixed or swapped to another truck.

What you have mention that you may have an argument against USA you failed to go into details with so apparently it not that much a deal to you. For you mentioned something about medication, and there and only there you may have an case against USA. But you prefer to whine about a Truck that you should known was not road worthy by your own pass experience. So did USA really screw you? No you screwed your self.

OH you did not accuse anyone lied cause they disagree with you?

Those are your words.....

I proven my point. Or you proved my point.

MGASSEL Thanks this.
  4. capital 48

Dec 16, 2008
    MI

lets start with the truck., After they got it started.( the next day ) it was reported. and breakdown was informed with macro 32 and by phone also
    fm was told in macro and phone. I guess you can see what is going to happed before it does. I sure could use a look into the future to know when things are going to go out that would be great. the truck was only the first issue. lots of other things happened as stated.
    everything was done by the book. as stated the secound truck I got was great.
    but because of safty and D.O.T. being called fm got butt reemed.( beginning of the end.)

now for the issue on opinion there is no statment saying if yours is differnt your a lier. the only statment about lieing was ( some people will say they had no issues they lie.) where do you see the word opinion or even the word all. I do not see it. thoes words are yours. I will never ever knock anyone for their opinion. their experience very well may have been differant. as mine is from yours.

as stated If you like usa truck thats fine and I am happy for you.
    that does not mean that I have to like them.
    I have not knocked you for your opinion.
    you should knock me for my opinion.
    I have had alot of issues, first truck,hometime,pay ,miles,fm issues,medical,and more.
    you may not have had alot happen to you. IN my opinion you are lucky.

in ending let me say this. I have been to only 4 of usa`s terminals.
    all 4 were holes in the walls no showers or they were nasty. drivers area
    need alot of care. the whole place needed repair.
    In my opinion it showes what usa truck thinks about the driver. ( not much.) thats only my opinion.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2008
  5. coastie

If you remember what I stated in another post which I even given you an example, that is the best way to say I had these problems with a company. Other wise it sounds, reads as Cause I did not like them, nobody should, which your post sounds like.

In reality I think you placed your self on the get the Axe List by the whining and getting DOT involved. It not good now days to make waves. There are many drivers that can replace you, jobs are harder to get.

Terminals, Agree one I been to the showers was busted, Atleast they have a lounge for the Drivers. I been to many companies that did not. recliners in 3 of the ones I been to, I am impressed with that. Not the cheap fold up metal chairs like the ones in Vandalia, OH. when you get people from all walks of life coming through, it hard to keep thing in good order. A disgruntal driver comes in mad at the world will damage something and spoil it for the next guy. That life. That even happens in the Military, not just USA Truck.

When working for a large Company as USA or anyone of them you will have times which you need patients to get things done. You will have pay problems, and they will correct when addressed. Everything you mentioned can and has happen at every company out there.

So again I say alot of the problems you had you brought on your self. sorry you had a bad experience, but over all USA is a fair company to work for. Yes they are not a perfect company, but who really is? None really, all are the same, you can find things you do not like with them all. At least with USA I am kept moving, and I am able to save for my own goals in life where I had not been able to do in the last year working for smaller companies or O/O paying me a higher pay per mile.

Will I remain at USA till retirement? No, for I am looking at end of Jan or Feb turning in my truck. But come back out as an O/O. Do I think USA the perfect Company? No, but it working for me. Have I had problems? Yes but with patients and knowledge things gotten fixed. Have I turned down loads? Yes, but using the Log book to my favor. I did not want to go to NJ to pick up a load, nor did I want to go to Mass with a load, nor did I want to do a load les than 200 miles Christmas eve, but with Communications it came through and worked for me. Since I been with the Company I had other drivers come to me for help, and I did what I could for them.

Over all USA is a fairly Good Company, like the rest they have their problems, but they will all have them. There is NO PERFECT COMPANY.

Good luck where ever you go next.

notarps4me Thanks this.
  6. capital 48

Dec 16, 2008
    MI
    I think over 4 weeks to fix a truck or replace it or having to call safty and D.O.T.
    in after you have done everything to get things done to include. macro, phone calls, talking to supervisers, having other shops talk to usa to include the dealer,
    and refusing to drive it is about all you can do. I think they had plenty of time to get it taken care of. and I had only two choices 1.leave co. or 2. call in backup.
    I took #2
    If fm did his job all of that would never have happened.
    after I did get the newer truck things were looking good but the fm ended that.
    here is one thing I do not think I stated before.
    I did ask for a new fm. this is the message / reply on qualcom
    ( you don`t get to pick your fm. I am your boss. you will do what I tell you to do.
    there is no one above me to talk to. so shut up and do what I say.)
    from that piont I still ran my loads on time. and started to contact upper management. to get things with them fixed.
    I know all companies have atleast one issue or more but havivg good fm that will work with you can make the job better. you have to have a team working together. This is what I never had. you may have had that.

7. slingblade07

slingblade07 Light Load Member

Sep 3, 2008
    Commerce, GA
    was that the actual qualcomm message? If so that is sad.

8. capital 48

Dec 16, 2008
    MI
    yes it was there was another sent to me about a day later.when I told his super
    that I wanted to fire him and needed to talk to someone above him about it. this
    what came back ( you can`t fire me there is no one above me I am your boss. that is all you need to know.) I was also called on phone and I had to hang up on them.

9. coastie

HAHAHAAH Well let hear the real reason you were terminated. And I am sure you do know what the real reason was.

I met another driver today who knows Capital48, and he explained what all really happen.

When you drive off in the Company truck to go home when your told not to, guess what? Your going to get CANNED..... I understand why you did it, but to come on here and LIE about it, Honesty is the BEST POLICY.. If you had told the truth I would had more sympathy for you.

It was nothing about the truck was a bad truck, you shafted your self. If you able to get another Driving Job consider your self lucky.

10. Baack

Baack Road Train Member

May 24, 2007
    Wisconsin
    He didnt lie
    He plainly stated that this is what he did

You guys are going way over board in your criticism!!!!!!!
    Its all been done and said
    Now lets back up a fellow driver in time of distress
    And quit picking on him

Lilbit Thanks this.
  11. DetroitTrucker

DetroitTrucker Bobtail Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Detroit, MI
    Coastie, for someone to have so many grammatical errors in all of post, you shouldn't be attacking someone on their choice of words. I am quite sure that Capital 48 was not trying to call you or anyone else a "LIAR." He does have the right and freedom of press and/or speech to make a generalization. He never called anyone a liar. By the way, just because someone lies doesn't make them a liar, it just means that they lied. If you cook a meal, that doesn't make you a cook and if you stand in a garage, it doesn't make you a car. Capital 48, I am very disappointed in you for arguing with all those who tried to tell you that your "opinion" is wrong. If you continuously argue with a fool, after a while you can't tell which is which. This post is not meant to side with or offend anyone. We should be embracing this driver rather than harping on his use of words. Let's stop nitpicking! None of us are perfect.

"Nobody is perfect! Let me introduce myself. My name is Nobody! LOL"

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.