New truck incoming!

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Thotphobia, Jul 26, 2021.

1. Thotphobia

Thotphobia Light Load Member

Apr 21, 2021
    Yea the warranty does make it bad. But I have friends who drive the same exact trucks with the same miles on warranty and still running strong according to them. I know the price is not too much, it’s a good deal but the warranty Is what scares buyers. And we’re not out of state drivers, we haul local. Currently 8 miles from the mill back and forth. Truck will pay itself in no time. A truck with 190k miles is literally new. That’s my opinion. Might be wrong

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    Look into Cummins Encore XT1 2nd owner warranty. It’s factory warranty and not a 3rd party rip off.

I know we’re talking W9 hoods here but I buy brand new T680 sleepers for 150k.

4. Mattmanstroked

Mattmanstroked Light Load Member

Nov 24, 2019
    Do you have to have a Kenworth W900?

Around my neck of the woods Mack is the off road truck to have.

5. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Why can't you buy extended warranty? Too many hours/miles on it to be eligible?

6. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    Buy heavy spec hoods……:)

7. Thotphobia

Apr 21, 2021
    I can buy it, I might look into it man. But we’re gonna buy the truck first then consider it.

8. Thotphobia

Apr 21, 2021
    I love the look of the W900L. It’s my dream truck man. I know, I’ve heard them Mack’s were made for the woods, but we don’t deal with muddy tracts when going to load up in the woods. I don’t need high gears. I currently drive a 3.90 379 with a b model cat and it’s just very slow and weak but very very reliable. My dad is gonna drive that one and ima get the KW with the x15

9. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    I remember talking to my uncle a few years back. He said buy new, buy as much warranty as possible and then dump it for another new one before warranty is up. Not worth keeping a logging truck past about 5 years with west coast logging. Your conditions may differ.

10. slow.rider

slow.rider Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2017
    NYC
    Prices are high these days but so are freight rates. If your rates are elevated along with the bulk of the market, then it shouldn't take super long for the high rates to cover the overpricedness of the truck.

Rideandrepair and Geronimo17 Thank this.
  11. Thotphobia

Apr 21, 2021
    I haul logs man. Right now we are in contract with a really great company that stays with 20 mile radius from the mill. And we get paid 185 per load. Pulling less than 80k gross. 4 a day sometimes even 5. I believe we’re gonna make that money back. Oh and we sold our sleeper KW, that money is going in to this truck as well.

Rideandrepair and AModelCat Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.