New trucker only tax proposed.

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by UturnGirl, May 20, 2021.

1. LameMule

LameMule Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2020
    Montana
    I think the reason truckers don't have the spine to stand up to taxes, regulations and the such is that too many are working paycheck to paycheck for a company that will fire them in an instant.
    The majority of O/O have hefty monthly payments to keep their shiny truck and trailer as well as whatever toys and home that are likely financed as well.
    Too many of us are faced with the choice of either run to pay the bills or lose everything.
    If people didn't finance 200k worth of equipment they could afford to park it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SmallPackage

SmallPackage Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2019
    Marion Texas
    The US 183 suicide flyover at I-35 is history! I’m sure @austinmike knows some legends of that bridge.
    C22311D4-42E5-43AD-A329-0F53E5629E91.jpeg
    79883ADE-DEF1-4D6C-92C5-A75E98CBEC90.jpeg

Northeasterner and kemosabi49 Thank this.
  4. Trucker61016

Trucker61016 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2017
    Linville, Va
    Another moron in Congress trying to spend other people's money but not giving up any himself, what a surprise...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

TheLoadOut Thanks this.
  5. TheLoadOut

TheLoadOut Road Train Member

Nov 6, 2019
    Let him know how you feel.
    Contact John Cornyn

Trucker61016 Thanks this.
  6. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    He's a Senator, therefore he represents the entire state.

And this BS is just one more reason he needs to be voted out.

7. Dino soar

Dino soar Road Train Member

Dec 8, 2017
    Well politics has to make you laugh.

They promised with a straight face to not raise taxes on anyone making under $400,000 a year yet what they propose is impossible to do that.

So they propose things like this where they can say no no no we're not taxing everyone that's just for those bad truckers because they destroy the roads... And then in the meantime food goes up milk goes up Lumber goes up anything that you buy goes up because it's brought by truck and everyone ends up paying it just like a tax...

"But see we did not raise tax!"

Now I've already told you I absolutely cannot make it in 1 hour and a half! Do you understand what I'm telling you? I absolutely cannot make it in 1 hour and a half!

I'll be there in 90 minutes.

Politcians, SMH...

Trucker61016 and LameMule Thank this.
  8. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    and therein lies the problem. We the sheeple of his state voted him in. The same sheeple that believe big trucking companies are the great evil who destroy roads, are responsible for killing innocent mororists and drive up the cost of products they ship just to get richer...the same sheeple that believe a President (of either political party) has the power to change things and that a little piece of cloth around your nose and mouth can stop a virus the size of Covid from entering your body. All he has to do to stay in power is make up a bunch of statistics to prove his point, then get on the various public media outlets and convince his followers that they're true.

9. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    1. Oh hell no, this is NOT "his state."

2. I don't remember if I voted for him when he first ran, but I promised I've not voted for him every time he's run for reelection.

10. Qbf594

Qbf594 Road Train Member

Aug 15, 2019
    Southern Canadian annex, NY
    That's all well and good but what about the loss of tax revenue we've recently had? Trumps 2017 tax 'reform' removed a chunk of tax revenues PLUS incentivized off shoring of US operations and allowing 0 tax on profits generated overseas.... So without basically paying our own companies to stay here or come back they continue to go... We need taxes but not from the working class and small business.

MIT Thanks this.
  11. Northeasterner

Northeasterner Medium Load Member

Apr 1, 2018
    It's OK. They'll push more drivers outta the industry with that tax, tightening up the labor supply and making the labor shortage
    just that much worse. And guess what? It'll translate into higher paychecks for those of us who remain.

Higher prices for consumers too, but hey, that's our modern dysfunctional society!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.