New Wannabe Lady Trucker from MN

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by MaMa Bear, Sep 18, 2010.

1. MaMa Bear

MaMa Bear Light Load Member

Sep 18, 2010
    South Central, Minnesota
    I have been doing more research and I've found more suitable companies that I can hire on with.
    In order, they are:
    1. Roehl reefer out of Albert Lea, MN
    2. Wel Companies
    3. KLLM Transport
    4. Con-Way
    5. Schneider
    I really did think that Werner was a better company until I read thread after thread of how they screw over their drivers and how high the turnover is. I want to thank all who had a hand in exposing Werner for me before I made a huge mistake. :biggrin_25514:

Everett and shriner75 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Gitty

Gitty Medium Load Member

Jul 16, 2009
    in my truck
    Wel Companies is a good outfit with nice trucks and the ones I have seen do have apus on them. But I dont know if they were company trucks or O/O trucks. You would have to ask them.

4. MaMa Bear

Sep 18, 2010
    South Central, Minnesota
    Hey Gitty, good to see you again on my thread! How have you been? I will call and ask them tomorrow.

5. silverram323

silverram323 Light Load Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Wyoming, MN
  6. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
    Much better choices.............Good for you !!

5 or 4

Would be my choices....................

Good Luck,

You're on the right track now !!!!!

MaMa Bear and Everett Thank this.
  7. MaMa Bear

Sep 18, 2010
    South Central, Minnesota
    123456, What would make you choose Schneider over Roehl? I'm just curious. Oh and thank you for opening my eyes just a bit more. Mucho appreciato!

Everett Thanks this.
  8. Independent

Independent Light Load Member

Oct 6, 2010
    I believe I have heard the big fleets pay .09 per mile for 6 months of indentured servitude.

Whoever is telling you $2000 a month right out of school is dreaming.

"Traveling America and seeing the sights" is definitely a lie. All you will be seeing is the interstate going by at 62 mph and when you stop, warehouses in industrial areas.

If you want to experience the life, sleep in your car for two weeks in your driveway, then ask yourself if you still want to be a truck driver.

9. MaMa Bear

Sep 18, 2010
    South Central, Minnesota
    Independent, It sounds like you were not happy as a driver. Sorry to hear that.
    I, on the other hand know what I'm getting into and what it will be like because I know what to expect and how I can make it better for myself. I won't be tethered to my truck when I'm off duty, so right there it will be a more desirable existence. I also have two uncles who have been counseling me as to the ways of the road, pitfalls and all. A lot of their suggestions will work for me in making my quality of life better while on the road.
    Thank you Independent for pointing out the negatives because they are needed too.

10. Gitty

Gitty Medium Load Member

Jul 16, 2009
    in my truck
    Sorry honey just been working alot and havent been on much. Did you check wels deal out? They pu and deliver at a couple of places my company does. Nice guys seem to be happy, really cant ask for much more!

MaMa Bear Thanks this.
  11. MaMa Bear

Sep 18, 2010
    South Central, Minnesota
    I did check out Wel and the only problem is that they have no paid orientation. I don't know if that means no paid training also but I can't afford to go 6 weeks or more without pay of any kind. Do you know the details Gitty?
    I'm sure I will have the same problem with working too much when I get behind the wheel.
    lol

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.