My list of Newbie company offers

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by BuddhaTrucker, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Stormmc2

Stormmc2 Light Load Member

May 28, 2015
    Ohio
    Lmfao

Duurtipoker Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Stormmc2

Stormmc2 Light Load Member

May 28, 2015
    Ohio
    Ive never heard of either one but it sounds like you have done your homework!

4. BuddhaTrucker

BuddhaTrucker Bobtail Member

Mar 24, 2017
    Queensbury, NY
    A few minutes...I can place you on hold and be back on the call faster then Dell support. Thanks for giving me the credit though.

5. FireLotus

FireLotus Light Load Member

Mar 26, 2017
    Here is something to think about and be prepared for..
    As a recruiter, I got my recruiting feet wet in the trenches of zero to little experience new drivers... fortunately I am out of the trecheso and work only with experienced drivers for some companies as I also do other industries as well.

But, what I want you to know is another very common practice that trips up a lot of new drivers...

The recruiters only find drivers and verify that they meet a particular companies requirements and send them off to orientation.. so first, being sent to orientation does not mean you are hired or actually have a job there.. it means you have a very likely chance of being hired because you have the qualifications and meet the requirements..

The reason that is important is, because no matter what account or particular driving position you and the recruiter talked about, you are only being sent to orientation to potentially be hired or that position.

But.. BUT... here is what happens very often at large companies... once you are at orientation and the company decides to hire you.. they are going to place where it is best for them..

Example.. I screen an application and all is good I set up for them to go to orientation and then off they go to Orientation.. where they fill out the actual application and sign releases for drug screen, background and employment history checks..
    At orientation there are two types of drivers.. those that are road and load ready or those who need to go with a trainer..
    This is where the game changes, Meaning that the staff at orientation will guide, push, sell and shove a driver into the position the most need filled...

So, I may send a driver to the company for a tanker position running weekdays and home on the weekends.. but once they get to orientation it is out of my hands .. and the company may get that driver to decide to go on another account.. I send them for a tanker position and they decide or end up on a dollar general account..

After a bit they call me when they are fed up..yelling and call me a lying... bunch of stuff that can't be said here..

So.. be aware and be prepared that when you get to orientation they may and probably will deploy a variety of techniques to get YOU to decide to go on a different account than the one you researched and talked with your recruiter about..

Stick to your guns.. because once they have a driver that they can and have hired.. then they will, if you stick to your guns on what you want.. put you on that account..
    provided there is room on that account.. companies use more than one recruiting department, they us in house, and a few third party recruiting firms.. so several drivers may have been sent to them for the one or two open trucks they have on a good account..

6. FireLotus

FireLotus Light Load Member

Mar 26, 2017
    To the OP.. your major complaint was about not getting miles.. but, how does a driver of 15 years experience not understand their own role in getting miles..

A company make more money on a driver who is running a load than the do a truck and driver sitting.. even the money grabbing megas...

often when a driver isn't getting miles it isn't because the company doesn't have them to give and doesn't want to make money from that driver... it is the at the driver runs his clock.. doesn't manage time efficiently..

Stormmc2 Thanks this.
  7. BuddhaTrucker

Mar 24, 2017
    Queensbury, NY
    Well lets start with this first I never made any compliant about mileage and as long as my pay is at where I want it I could care less if the mileage is long or short as long as the cash is there.

This is some good advice and is what I see a lot of new drivers get into. If new drivers really do their homework and make the calls there are companies though that will do backgrounds, drug test and physical exams to make you an employee so that when you get to orientation there is no confusion and you don't have to be worried about being sent home.

8. BuddhaTrucker

Mar 24, 2017
    Queensbury, NY
    So orientation with HO Wolding is set for May 9th they came out on top with NE regional runs, plus truck and trailer come home with me on weekends.

9. Speed_Drums

Speed_Drums Road Train Member

Dec 26, 2014
    Keep us updated on your progress with them!

10. JV_620

JV_620 Medium Load Member

Jan 29, 2016
    Centerville, MA
    How did it go with HO Wolding?

11. BuddhaTrucker

Mar 24, 2017
    Queensbury, NY
    Did not go. HO Wolding decided to decline me once I was set to drive for them. Before some ask Will give the story. My mom took ill and needed to be moved from to live with me and my wife. I called HO Wolding to let the recruiter know. At that point was told everything was fine and let them know when ready. Once things were set I called to get orientation date, was told to reapply and then got declined. When asked why, I was told I was over 30 days from receiving my license and now needed 6 months experience.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.