Newbie in CT confused about which company is better to take experience

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Papa0, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Papa0

Papa0 Bobtail Member

Aug 2, 2018
    New Haven, Connecticut
    I'm worry about which company take, I heard about Schnaider, J.B Hunt, Western Express, Swift etc etc but I want to take the best one in payment, I know theses companies is only for take experience for the first year.

What you recommend me to take based on your experience and why ?

I live in New Haven Connecticut

Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    What do you want to do? Flatbed, van, reefer?

4. Papa0

Papa0 Bobtail Member

Aug 2, 2018
    New Haven, Connecticut
    I don't now bro I'm open to any suggestions I just want to know why, I have Hazmat, Tripples and doubles and tank.

5. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    you need to edited you post. I saw a swift typo.

6. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    I can only speak on Western. I did the flatbed side back in 2010. Cpm is a little on the low side but you run a lot of miles. The only draw back is a never saw the house. I made steady money there though. The Vans seem to have that part of the country on lock so home time may be good on the van side for you

Papa0 Thanks this.
  7. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Superior Carriers -

• We accept entry-level drivers from Superior-approved schools.

8. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Papa0 Thanks this.
  9. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    It's not the best in payment you are after. What you want to do is build savings out of loads assigned to you. Say you are told to take this trailer load from... Imports street in Haven downtown where you are to New Jersey. It should take a few hours to load out and a part of the day to get to Jersey and get unloaded either later in day or next morning.

They will pay you so much for that particular run and not one penny more. You manage your expenses to put aside some for savings. Every load you are given, you minimize your expenses and add to savings.

Trucking is feast and famine. One week you will have so much work done, mountain of money and too tired to go party, dance or whatever. You will sleep until next week. Only to find there isnt much of anything to haul. Wait three days for a pidding two day run that delivers 5 days later into the third week. Then the 4th week you might have a Washington state run, get going yer late. 6 days to get there.

Experience? HA. You will get that. in blood, sweat and tears. And maybe breaking a few things along the way in enough time.

Most truckers do not make it a year. Half of those left don't get to 5 years. Fewer still 10. Never mind the three that made 20 and 30 years. If you are lucky you will have a lifetime of experience.

10. Papa0

Papa0 Bobtail Member

Aug 2, 2018
    New Haven, Connecticut
    Thanks you, but what is the best division, Tank, Van, Flatbed, Tripples and double or what? I would like to know which one pays better please

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
  11. Texas_hwy_287

Texas_hwy_287 Road Train Member

Sep 25, 2016
    Texas
    Try family dollar account you will get pay good money and get good practice at backing.:cool:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.