Newbie Questions For W & S

Discussion in 'Watkins & Shepard' started by CAGEtrucker, May 29, 2010.

1. CAGEtrucker

CAGEtrucker Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2010
    Somewhere, AZ
    My answers are in BOLD

My answers are in BOLD

wulfman75 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Warpdrvr

Warpdrvr Heavy Load Member

Oct 16, 2009
    Corona, CA
    Haha, CAGE beat me to it....He posted while I was drafting my post....great minds think alike!

Good luck to you, hope to see you out here soon...

4. wulfman75

wulfman75 Road Train Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Athens, GA
    Thanks Cage

yeah she sent me a list of schools they hire from and I've got it down to two near here. Just going through the channels for the financial aid.

You don't need a passport to run Canada?

5. CAGEtrucker

Apr 18, 2010
    Somewhere, AZ
    Not enough loads to Canada and they have enough drivers who have them so no need to get it now, could help later but not a must have.

6. chralb

chralb Road Train Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Where the truck is
    Just stopping in to say thanks for all the info here Cage. :biggrin_25514:

I'll be starting orientation with WS on Monday the 16th. I came out of a PTDI school in PA so I'll be doing the 10 day gig.

Just can't wait to get going and maybe meet some of you folks out there. Well, better get packing!

Chris

7. Mtdad68

Mtdad68 Bobtail Member

Jul 5, 2010
    Hi Chris, My buddy Saun and I just graduated this week from Sage down the road from there. I just passed my test and received my CDL this morning. We are both starting there Monday as well for the 10 day orientation so I guess we'll see you there!

Rick

8. CAGEtrucker

Apr 18, 2010
    Somewhere, AZ
    Happy to help Chris, I am sure we will run into each other sooner or later.

9. chralb

chralb Road Train Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Where the truck is
    Thank you sir and I sure hope we do meet at some point. I'm nevrvously excited about the whole thing now. Your info here has really helped to give me at least a starting point of what to expect. It's also refreshing to hear some positive feedback on a company.

One of the hardest things for a newbie to do is sift through all the good and bad trying to dertermine what company to trust.

Rick, That's great news!! I'm really happy for you and your buddy Saun. Me and my buddy just graduated from Northampton Community College in Tobyhanna PA. He started a thread in the newbie question section before we started school on June 29. And although I didn't know about it until almost graduation on August 2, I've joined in posting our advertures there. It's becoming a popular thread and SO MANY fine, experienced folks have given so much great advice along the way. We feel it's really turning into a great thread for anyone seriously looking into the trucking industry as it's a pretty good record of the whole process.

The link is here if anyone is interested....

http://www.thetruckersreport.com/tr...rivers/112266-help-a-trucker-wannabe-out.html

Now are you guys doing the 10 days in Conover NC? That's where I'm headed. I have to meet a nice guy named Vern in Sayerville NJ Sunday morning and then ride down to NC to the motel. I really hope that's where you and Saun are going. It would be kind of like knowing some folks ahead of time...LOL

Although I guess I'm not the only one meeting up in Jersey (don't know who or how many others) but I suspect we'll get to know one another a bit on the ride down to NC.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to joining the W/S family here and plan to post my experiences as time goes on.

Chris

10. Visionary

Visionary Bobtail Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Orlando, Fl
    Can someone provide me with the contact info for the recruiter? I went to the website and I can't seem to find any information about this!

11. chralb

chralb Road Train Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Where the truck is
    Hi Visionary and welcome,

Try this link. It's right on thier site (about us) but this shows all the termnals.

Click the one closest to you or just use the contact info on the left of the page, I dealt with Roxi and she's simply wonderful!! Hope this helps.

http://www.wksh.com/AboutUs.aspx

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.