NEWBIE # Werner Atlanta GA Terminal

Discussion in 'Werner' started by mikersv1, Jun 26, 2010.

1. mikersv1

mikersv1 Light Load Member

Jun 26, 2010
    Daytona, Florida
    Ok So i start my Experience with a 13 hr Greyhound bus ride which was an experience of its own but it was to be expected. so i arrive at the ATL Greyhound staition @2200hrs and called the werener terminal and requested a ride to the hotel and i was waiting outside the bus station for 2 hrs now mind you im in ATLANTA GA ,hookers and drug dealers people trying to sell me fake gold stuff. so the shuttle bus gets here , and they take us to the suburban (hotel) and we arrive at about 0020hrs they only have 2 rooms so the rest of us have to go to a diferent hotel now we wait for the shuttle again. now we get to the next hotel and we get checked into our room about 0145hrs we have to wake up @0500hrs to get ready for the shuttle bus to get us to oreintation class and it was a nightmare. i only had 3 hrs sleep first of all then all the paperwork on top of it then the few of us that had check into the other hotel had to go back check out then check in to original hotel then catch a shuttle bus back to the terminal to finish up on computer training so we originaly left at 1700hrs and and didnt get back to the terminal until 2000hrs. no we are there until 2200hrs finishing up or computer work and was told there would be one last shuttle leaving at 2200hrs well we come to find out there are no more shuttles left so we try and call the hotel main disbatch and even a cab co to get back to the hotel now its about 0015hrs in the morning and the 4 of us waiting had to hitchhike back to the hotel we ended upgiving a lady a full tank of gas for her troubles. so we get back to the hotel around 1am starving because we havent had a chance to eat dinner so we run down the street to the local gas station to munch on some goodies just to get something in our stomachs. so we end up hitting the rack around 0115 hrs and up again for orientation class at 0500 hrs again now i am dead tired im running on about 6-7 hrs sleep in the past 48hrs . ####y first 2 days here not looking forward to the coming days they say i should be out with my trainer by tomorrow, we will see , there are a couple of guys here still waiting for a trainer from last weeks orientaion.
    i will keep you all up to date on my training experience as it comes

MoneyCat and robbiecox6 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. red_eye

red_eye Medium Load Member

Dec 30, 2009
    belpre, ohio
    Good luck... and thats about as good as it will get..

4. mikersv1

Jun 26, 2010
    Daytona, Florida
    yeah i heard that from a couple of veteren drivers now , i have a back up plan with another company but im a fair man and will give the training process a shot before i mae a move ,but it was just a bad experience so far

5. mikersv1

Jun 26, 2010
    Daytona, Florida
    well like i figured i am no longer with werner co. i had enough and can only take so much the only reason i was going with them in the firstplace was because of paperless loging but in the WSE on 7/6/10 and look forward to being treated a lil better

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.