Newbie with USA

Discussion in 'USA Truck' started by cjoe85, Jan 7, 2008.

1. panhandleswife

panhandleswife <strong>Florida Girl</strong>

Jan 14, 2007

HAVE YOU WORK FOR USA ? AND IF SO OK MAYBE NOT FOR YOU BUT FOR SOME MAYBE IT'S JUST FINE FOR THEM. hUBBY BRINGS HOME SOME GOOD MONEY WORKING FOR USA

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TruckerJerry

TruckerJerry Light Load Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Greensboro Nc
    yes i did at one time work for usa but it was back when i frist started driving and like i said usa is one of the wrost compenys to work for the pay suck thats good if he makes good working for them but 85% of the drivers there dont

4. DBL_TIME

DBL_TIME <strong>"Two Mints in One"</strong>

Feb 9, 2008
    They treat me right. They even taught me how to spell.

5. Enigma

Enigma Bobtail Member

Aug 26, 2006
    Memphis, Tn.
    Pay attention to what you just said. You worked for USA when you first started driving. There are many of us in this thread who are in our first year of driving and are with this company to gain experience. How can you chastise (lol) us for something that you have already done?

6. Thomas0810

Thomas0810 Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2007
    BlueRidge Texas
    Well i am coming up on my 1 year with them.No complaints here.I make enough money with them to pay the mortgage,car payment,dish network bill,verizon wireless bill,verizon dsl bill,electric bill,water bill,gas bill,buy groceries,buy school clothes for a 12 year old and 16 year old plus put money in savings each week.We just have to find a company that is a good fit for us.Jerry USA wasnt a good fit for you but obviously is a good fit for others.I have spoken to many a driver that has more than 1 year with them and they are quite happy.

panhandleswife and cjoe85 Thank this.
  7. cjoe85

cjoe85 Light Load Member

Nov 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    I agree with Thomas on this one. I make enough money to not only keep up with my monthly bills, but I'm also digging myself out of a credit hole that I fell into. I've been with USA for about seven months now and have very few complaints. In this business a company that is bad for one driver maybe just right for another driver. I may stick around after my year is up, but if I do leave, it'll be just because I'm looking for more hometime. USA is a starter company. It's a good place to get your foot in the door and then move on, if you so desire.

panhandleswife and Locdrjr Thank this.
  8. BlownX

BlownX Bobtail Member

Sep 8, 2008
    Lebanon, MO
    I am just starting out with USA and am a realist. I know that any starter company is a place to pay your dues and learn the ropes. After my year I will decide whether or not to stay and not before. Previous marriage, in the military, and the last job I had tells me there's really nothing too bad this company can do to me in only a year!!! LOL!!!

9. Locdrjr

Locdrjr Light Load Member

May 19, 2008
    Eaton Rapids , MI
    USA can't do anything to worse then you had to put up with in BOOTCAMP... "We like it, we love it, we want more of it, make it hurt Drill SGT. make it hurt... huuuahh!":biggrin_2554:

10. BlownX

BlownX Bobtail Member

Sep 8, 2008
    Lebanon, MO
    LOVE IT!!!!!!!:biggrin_25516:

11. HAT LADY

HAT LADY Bobtail Member

Sep 6, 2008
    ZELLWOOD, FLORIDA
    Per diem??? I understand you can deduct 52$ per day on the road. Then when you file your taxes you deduct that under employee business expenses, form 2106, which then goes on the schedule a with mortgage interest, taxes, and charitable contributions. It only works if you have mortgage interest, and under employee business expenses you also deduct anything else you purchase for the truck. Fridge, microwave, tv, etc. Just to let everyone know.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.