Newer HOS Rules

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Brucesmith, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Brucesmith

Brucesmith Heavy Load Member

Jun 16, 2012
    I haven't driven since the summer of 2017. Thinking of going long haul again. I have worked for companies that had full fledged ELD's and some that just used cell phones. I have not been following the changes in HOS rules. What has changed since 2017? Is the 1/2 hour beak still active? Still11/14? Thanks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    Same rules. Only big change is everyone has ELDs basically. The phone apps they you could edit are not legal. They have to sync with the engine and GPS. So you can't edit drive time anymore.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  4. Brucesmith

Brucesmith Heavy Load Member

Jun 16, 2012
  5. LilBudyWizer

LilBudyWizer Light Load Member

Oct 8, 2017
    You can use off-duty driving now while laden to get to the nearest safe and legal parking. You can use yard moves to drive when not driving. I used it when I ran out of hours in a dock to get to the gate before switching to off-duty driving.

6. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Be careful with this as it's only guidance. Not all officers have to see it that way. Also with the example, yard move is actually not a valid status. While it's an option in eld's, the actual hos regs still do not allow it.
    Another point it's to the first safe location. Not in the direction of the next stop, unless it is the closest. Also it says safe location, not truck stop.

deathB4decaf Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.