Newest Android Firefox update may not work on TTR anymore.

Discussion in 'Truck Forum Information Center' started by bullhaulerswife, Mar 8, 2017.

1. bullhaulerswife

bullhaulerswife Forum Leader/Admin Staff Member Administrator

Jul 23, 2007
    Midwest
    Just a heads up, the newest FF update for Android isn't good. I had to completely switch my browser on my phone this morning. It would not load any sites and also wouldn't load the about page giving me the version number. Just giving you all a heads up. Many others reporting the same issues, so it's not just me. I felt I'd better alert those that I have reccommended use this browser.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    I've had some problems with FF and my 'droid devices. Went back to Chrome and no problems.

bullhaulerswife Thanks this.
  4. tech10171968

tech10171968 Medium Load Member

Nov 16, 2009
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Not having any issues here; in fact, I'm typing this post from my Android Firefox browser right now. I just threw that out there to see if it helps to narrow down the culprit.

Maybe the issue has something to do with the way each user's browser is set up and configured. Could it be an add-on or combination of add-ons causing some sort of conflict?

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I am also using a global CSS stylesheet, mostly to change font rendering on all web pages; the stylesheet also hides certain elements (like Flash animations, for example). I wonder if I'm inadvertently blocking some rogue html or JavaScript element causing problems?

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
    bullhaulerswife Thanks this.
  5. RustyBolt

RustyBolt Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    Bement, IL
    A while back I loaded up my phones storage to the point it couldn't update. Left it that way. I figure it's getting close to that time where Verizon does their upgrade that makes a phone nearly useless.

Big Don and bullhaulerswife Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.