News story on truckers

Discussion in 'Truckers News' started by Road*Runner, Apr 9, 2020.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Many towns, states will see this as a great chance to write tickets and generate revenue.
    Corrupt tow truck operators will jack prices up by thousands and prey on truckers, knowing parking is extremely limited.

sevenmph Thanks this.
  3. Deere hunter

Deere hunter Road Train Member

Aug 5, 2017
    Shallowater Texas
    Made a West Coast turn two weeks ago an East Coast turn one week ago and I really haven’t seen anything that was too terribly bad!
    I guess if Looking for it you’ll find it!

sevenmph, PE_T and bryan21384 Thank this.
  4. Wasted Thyme

Wasted Thyme Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    My thoughts the states should consider it price gouging like they do during any other natural disaster.

PE_T and Deere hunter Thank this.
  5. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    I dont know, for the most part, I've still been able to get my essentials. I have found it a little easier to get parking at the truck stop, and a shower. Just east if Indianapolis on 70 is a rest area. I stayed there Monday night. It was ample parking there but many trucks were creating spaces on the ramp or parking in the middle of the main area, there was parking available deep into the night when I finally fell asleep. I've had to make a few adjustments and on occasion I've had to pay a little more for certain items than I would like to, but everything has remained intact for the most part. They used Foristell, MO TA but there are dozens of options across Missouri on 70. I understand that drivers have preferences as to where they stop, but I don't know if one can be picky right now.

6. HoneyBadger67

HoneyBadger67 Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2018
    Savannah, TN
    Following the recent spate of posts about trucks being booted, I called the Walmart in Ohio and asked if I was allowed to park there overnight. After being told "yes", I asked for in writing and posted it on my window.

Deere hunter Thanks this.
  7. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

Actually, don’t call Walmart. This may very well increase the chances a Walmart stops allowing trucks to park in their lots. It’s best to read the comments on Trucker Path or AllStays Truck&Travel. We also don’t want to bother them with multiple calls a day by various drivers. Some managers may not be aware of how many trucks park in the middle of the night. Sometimes it’s true: “What they don’t know can’t hurt them.” Hahaha.

8. HoneyBadger67

Dec 15, 2018
    Savannah, TN
    If I had had any other option, I wouldn't have stayed at Wally's to begin with...LoL. Unfortunately, oberlin, oh doesn't have anywhere other than a tiny Marathon station to park at and I was quickly running out of time, thanks to some unforeseen construction.

PE_T Thanks this.
  9. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

I checked that Walmart, but there aren’t many reviews due to its location.

On a separate note, I see you were on US-20. If you’re trying to bypass the I-80 toll road, look into US-30 off of I-71 in Mifflin, OH. It’s all freeway to Fort Wayne, IN. Then take IN-49 in Valparaiso to I-94. It adds about 25 miles and 45 min, but you save $90 in total. Some members have also mentioned this particular route in some thread. I’ve taken it several times.

OH-2 off of I-90 in Sheffield is another alternative if you’re coming from NY via I-90. OH-2 is almost a freeway going to Toledo.

Attached Files:

HoneyBadger67 Thanks this.
  10. HoneyBadger67

Dec 15, 2018
    Savannah, TN
    Friggin stalkers, I tell you what! PMSLMMFFAO

I was up on 20, it was to avoid the toll road, I was omw to MI, though, not IN.

:-D

PE_T Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.