next company I should go to?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by alohaspirit, Mar 15, 2018.

1. alohaspirit

alohaspirit Bobtail Member

Mar 15, 2018
    pennsylvania
    Hello I've been reading as much as I can on this forum. since nov 2016 I've been runnin a reefer. I feel like even as a trainer i have to run team. Great pay highest one week was 2700 then 2500 usually tho 1800. Gross.Not take home. Gross yearly pay was 60k with bonuses and everything minus deductions like scales and supplies. I can't complain but as a lease op it's a lot of risk and I know I could have made more but some weeks were negative. And that just sucks. I have a tanker and hazmat endorsement. Wouldn't getting in a job pulling tankers or flatbed be a better option ttha reefer or dry? I'm not against flatbed either. Ultimately I'd like to go to a place like landstar and pick my own loads. However my background isn't great. 2 moving violations in 3years missed a scale and left road way(ran over stop sign( and I was stupid before I got into driving.dui simple assualt.... I know overtime this wont matter as much but for now I'm just trying to catch the best way possible. Schneider has me interwsted with their choice program somewhat like landstar but I hear they have a good tanker program too? Any advice from more experienced drivers is appreciated company's? Specialty? Just give up and live in a tent l? No!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RustyBolt

RustyBolt Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    Bement, IL
    Your past (DUI, assault) will be a deciding factor for a lot of companies. Don't quit where you are until you know for a fact those companies you're interested in will overlook them.

4. alohaspirit

Mar 15, 2018
    pennsylvania
    Yeah and oh yeah simple assualt not aggregated I have no felonies thank God all my charges happened 5 years ago all in the same year! I was going through a rough patch and marriage ... Which obviously ended chick was latina and was borderline psychotic now that I look at a different angle. At the time I loved her short perfect body ha

Need4Speed Thanks this.
  5. joesmoothdog

joesmoothdog Heavy Load Member

Aug 5, 2013
    OTR
  6. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Indian River Transport runs 48 states.

alohaspirit Thanks this.
  7. alohaspirit

Mar 15, 2018
    pennsylvania
    Yeah I heard of Indian River they seriously require 2years though talked to a recruiter .... It's on my top list

Need4Speed Thanks this.
  8. alohaspirit

Mar 15, 2018
    pennsylvania
    Lmfao

BillStep and I glide 47 Thank this.
  9. QuietMike

QuietMike Medium Load Member

Oct 21, 2009
    NE Ohio
    You can do good with reefers and dry vans too. I made 63k gross in 2016 as a company driver running reefer and home weekends. I've done reefer and flatbed and really I havent seen any real noticeable difference in paychecks. It's really going to come down to the company, you, and rates if you're paid on percentage as most flatbedders are.

10. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    You guys read he's a L/P right? What is your contract terms. Is it a straight walk away lease if you wanna get out. Your not pulling anything else until you get out of the lease. And if you have to team to make ends meet your at the wrong place to begin with.

Sorry to be so blunt but didn't you realize this when you signed up or did you believe all the smoke they blew up your arse

11. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    You say average 1800 how do you even net anything after fuel and truck payment?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.