NJ A901 application (new app, or get added on?)

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by xairx, Oct 5, 2019.

1. xairx

xairx Light Load Member

Jun 24, 2019
    Second post, different question. A company I am about to lease onto requires me to "obtain a NJ A901" license to haul municipal waste. Everything would be great if not for the fact that getting the A901 can take up to a year and requires a TON of paperwork. The application itself is 27 pages long.

The bright side is that this company can apply for me for a fee... That is fine with me. My question is, am I really required to get my own A901 or would they be adding me to their license? I suppose that would be much simpler than me getting my own A901 and waiting a year.

Do any of you have any experience with the A901 process, leasing on to a carrier requiring/ hauling municipal waste? Any help is greatly appreciated.

I emailed the company but they wont get back to me til Monday or Tuesday so I wanted to get a little ahead in the game.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    It should be under their company permits, you are a contractor leased to a company under their authority.

cke Thanks this.
  4. wis bang

wis bang Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Levittown, PA
    Back in the 90's anyone hauling waste, solid, municipal, hazardous, ANY waste had to fill out a large form for the DEP describing the company from the beginning, basically telling them how the company is not Mob controlled. submitted with fingerprints of the principles and the per son filling out the report...and like anything with the DEP; a check. First time I was fingerprinted...We had to buy permits for the trailers but nothing for the owner operator or his tractor but it was a long time ago for me.

Ask the DEP if you need it. You might get an answer.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.