NJ to allow Illegals commercial licensing

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by scott180, Aug 2, 2020.

1. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2018

I’m Armenian.

the illegals I know used the government programs to their advantage, once legal they ended up paying back the money in taxes with the businesses they started.

not saying all are went this route, most do abuse the system and then turn around and talk crap about the country they came to for the free stuff to them I say go back.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
  4. bryan21384

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    There's no such thing as an American Dream. That's totally subjective. The American Dream is something heard on tv. If native borns can't make it, some are lazy. Some are just unlucky depending on what goals they are trying to achieve. Most of us are going to be workers, regular Joe's. That needs to be mentioned. Not everyone can own a business or have immense wealth. Many of us, if not most of us, are just going to get by. One can make a living, some people's living will be better than others. It's just the way it is.

5. bryan21384

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    That's real talk there. People dont make enough to live day to day on average. This is America and it is expensive to live here

born&raisedintheusa Thanks this.
  6. LoneRanger

Jun 3, 2018
    mid you are happy in your position and don’t want to get ahead, then that’s your choice.

many people are to scared to venture out on their own.

People who get ahead have fallen back many many times. I personally made millions and lost millions.

I’m in trucking now trying to get by until wife graduates, then I’ll get out and venture into construction or something else.

Either way, the hungry ones are the ones not content with their situation and are always working to improve, looking for better opportunities.

If you don’t try you won’t succeed. Just like this industry many try to be O/O’s most fail and few succeed.

Bad luck is due to bad decisions. Simple as that. When I lost everything I blamed it on bad luck, but in reality it was my business decisions. It wasn’t god, it wasn’t karma, it wasn’t anything but me.

I learned and moved on, jumped into this industry 2.5 years ago not knowing anything, but I’m still here and learning and paying for my mistakes. I can still keep a roof over my family thanks and praise to god but the “we are just regular folks” argument isn’t one, it’s an excuse.

even as an employee you can be the best in the field. Best ditch diggers, best plumber, best electrician. What ever it is try to be the best and have a working ethos that you improve yourself everyday.

I would also like to point out, I’m not content with one house, or this job.

I want more houses, I want provide jobs to people, I want to make the best or do the best in what ever field I fall into next round after this and give that a try. If that doesn’t work I won’t sit and say “this is it” I’ll try another occupation.

7. bryan21384

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    I partially agree with what you're saying. Not everyone has that "hunger" and that's ok. We cant be critical of those people. They are needed in a different capacity. Luck isn't always about what decisions. There are times when unexplainable things happen, good or bad. Some people are scared to venture out, and some plain dont have the desire or ability to be more than what they are. Again, it's ok if they aren't. I think as a society, we have to move away from the "if I can do it, you can do it mentality." Everyone's path is individually different. Not to mention, everyone has their own definition of success and what makes them happy.

Dino soar and LoneRanger Thank this.
  8. mustang190

mustang190 Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Florida Panhandle
    CDL rule number one, must be 21 years of age.
    Rule number two, must be able to converse and read in the English language.
    With that said, anyone remember the wreck in Colorado last year?
    The one where the driver could not read the warning signs on the steep grade? Not to mention many other similar accidents.

Dino soar and tommymonza Thank this.
  9. LoneRanger

Jun 3, 2018
    the issue is the most vocal ones that complain about the system being stacked against them are the ones that are too afraid to do anything about it.

The way I see it is this. If you are content with your life all’s well we can break bread and have fun together, doesn’t mean your a bad person or that I’m better then you or your better then me, but once you start complaining ( not you specifically ) but once you start complaining about how life sucks, then I’m going to blame you for your situation.

10. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    CA started letting illegals get drivers licence... The amount of hit and run accidents went down.

But this, this is just stupid...

11. Flat Earth Trucker

Flat Earth Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2018
    I wonder if people will finally wake up when the government begins taking away houses, land, and personal property from American citizens for the purposes of "redistribution of wealth."

Midwest Trucker Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.