No A/C tips to cool truck

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by tmb0507, Sep 7, 2018.

1. singlescrewshaker

singlescrewshaker Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2017
    Little Havana, FL
    So is that the answer to my question..?
    If a/c goes out again I'm screwed because I don't have vent windows or a foot door..? I ran for a bit with the sleeper vents open but it really didn't seem to help..

I thought my dog was going to die that day. Poor old guy was sprawled out on the floor panting wildly for 12hrs. We both must of drank 2 gallons of water..

Oldironfan Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    No. The answer was get the truck fixed and live in hotels until it is. There is no excuse for a company not fixing their equipment. If they refuse, simply refuse to work for them.
    The person you are replying to apparently has never been in a newer truck. There simply aren't ways to ventilate a newer aero truck except by hvac.

Also these people that keep saying "100 years ago real men didn't need ac." miss one very important fact. Back then trucks were made where one could open windows (both stopped and driving) and get airflow. Now days with aero truck the infamous 2/60 a/c doesn't work. In older trucks there would be so much air movement it would be like a wind tunnel. Now I can have both windows open and get more air flow from the hvac system. Same while stopped. Most trucks only have a very small vent window, if that, in the sleeper. One that doesn't open enough to actually get a cross breeze going.

singlescrewshaker Thanks this.
  4. tmb0507

tmb0507 Medium Load Member

Aug 11, 2012
    Folkston, GA
    I'm not just applying to new companies based off a/c issues it's just kind of final straw in a list of issues I have tires with no tread depth that they basically have refused to fix for months on top of other mechanical issues I don't know if it is lack of money or just being cheap cause they will bandaid fix everything.

Just passing by Thanks this.
  5. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    Yup. Or make your own A.C. like @Justrucking2 shared.

singlescrewshaker Thanks this.
  6. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    My last company was that way. Trades his FL's every 3 years. So they had warranty. Don't know about his flatbeds but they weren't old either. Probably the best company I'll ever work for when it comes to junk. OTR wise. I won't talk about the locals. I'll just say I'm missing my last FL. But glad to be home again.

7. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    And that's just it. Any company that is worth working for will take care of you and the equipment. Its not that the equipment broke. That's life. It's how they handled it. And the fact they did not fix it is systematic to the company. I.e. any company that refuses to fix a/c is the same as one who, in a 100 other ways, have shown not to care about the driver.

Just passing by Thanks this.
  8. Snakeschasingcars

Snakeschasingcars Heavy Load Member

Mar 22, 2018
    Wow this thread still going and your still working for the slim ball?
    Then suck it up... You put yourself there and you still there by choice...

No one cares at this point if your hot...

9. mustang190

mustang190 Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Florida Panhandle
    Pull into the next chicken house and ask them to do a level one inspection.

10. mustang190

mustang190 Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Florida Panhandle
    The company I drive for will either tell you to get a motel and get it fixed as soon as possible. Or send you to the nearest repair facility.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.