214 T680 blinkers not working in headlight assembly.

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by insanityeight, Jan 20, 2021.

1. insanityeight

insanityeight Light Load Member

Jul 26, 2013
    birmingham al
    2014 t680. Just recently happened. All blinkers work except the ones in headlight assembly. Bulbs and fuses look good. Anyone know where the harness runs to for power and ground or anything that would help figure this out. Do possibly have a ground problem as sometimes at night I see the blinkers on side of fender by headlight lightly illuminate when interior cab lights are on and when the cab lights go out it will stop, and one or two of my gauge lights will dim down sometimes. Thanks in advance.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DJMech

DJMech Bobtail Member

Jan 23, 2021

For a T680, usually the harness that feeds both headlights are ran up driver side inside the frame and then branch off to both sides in front of the radiator but behind the hood.
    Thanks, DJ

Goodysnap and bzinger Thank this.
  4. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    The 680s in my fleet are famous for harness issues at the headlights.

5. DJMech

DJMech Bobtail Member

Jan 23, 2021
    Yeah, for some reason they always forget to ziptie it to the hood so it usually just rubs through a wire or 2. Seen one melted once!

bzinger Thanks this.
  6. insanityeight

insanityeight Light Load Member

Jul 26, 2013
    birmingham al
    Thanks. I quickly figured that much out but Im curious as to where it goes for power, such as the firewall or somewhere else. Where does it feed from?

7. DJMech

DJMech Bobtail Member

Jan 23, 2021
    gotcha, usually it feeds up the frame rail then into the main wiring harness that then goes into the truck then to the fuse boxes, either the one on the firewall outside or inside kick panel

insanityeight Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.