No cdl A

Discussion in 'Trucker Taxes and Truck Financing' started by Mahertruck, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Mahertruck

Mahertruck Light Load Member

Mar 9, 2017
    Hello everyone ..
    If someone want to buy truck used one and hire driver for it looking to get finance with approval sure need good income and stable job and good credit ...
    if all of those was available before you apply for truck finance application
    But in the same times no have driver license class A and sure no experience over the road
    people saying the driver license Class A with experience with good income the key to get approval
    Is this is true hard to get approval for
    finance ? Looks like the driver license cdl with experience and income is required to file the application to get financed for commercial truck
    Recently I asked Bank they were saying experience and cdl A required but I'm not sure all the finance people would say that

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    You need income for a loan. So you answered your own question. Also a good credit score.

bryan21384 Thanks this.
  4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    You need a license to be able to move that class of vehicle. It's goes without saying. Very basic.

You will run into situations where you need to move that semi legally and you absolutely must have a CDL A for that work yourself.

Also being a employer but without a CDL A is not very good reflection towards your employees. You have to be able and hold a current license to do this as well.

5. brian991219

brian991219 Road Train Member

Aug 10, 2013
    Lords Valley, PA
    Trying to get financing on one truck when you are not going to be the operator is difficult. Most lenders willing to loan money for a single truck are looking at the owner operator market, and as such want to see your related industry experience so they know that you have a good chance of making money to pay back the loan.

You may need to get a general business loan from a bank or credit union, not a dealer finace company. Write a business plan, have customers lined up and all that before going ro apply with a traditional bank will improve your chances.

6. Mahertruck

Mahertruck Light Load Member

Mar 9, 2017
    For Oldironfan .........
    I was saying if the good income and good credit score available without cdl class A it's enough to get finance approved ..
    But looks like not enough after i read brain991219 answered and x1heavy answered

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
  7. jammer910Z

jammer910Z Road Train Member

May 28, 2015
    That made my head hurt.

8. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    <picturing Boris from Rocky and Bullwinkle >

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.